Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: How many lbs. of blueberries in my wheat?  (Read 8457 times)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: How many lbs. of blueberries in my wheat?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2013, 12:32:41 pm »
I tapped the Blueberry Wheat today. The color is purple from the 7 lbs of blueberries, the aroma is strong clove (assuming from using WB-06), the body is light, and the flavor is clove with a hint of blueberry.  I think I might add some blueberry extract to the keg for more flavor. Will the strong clove flavor fade over time? I'm thinking that I should've used a cleaner yeast strain..oh well not bad, but definitely not great.

Yeah, when I made a blueberry wheat, I made an Am. wheat.  The style has no flavor ;) so the blueberries can shine through.
+1
Jon H.

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2013, 01:14:14 pm »
I tapped the Blueberry Wheat today. The color is purple from the 7 lbs of blueberries, the aroma is strong clove (assuming from using WB-06), the body is light, and the flavor is clove with a hint of blueberry.  I think I might add some blueberry extract to the keg for more flavor. Will the strong clove flavor fade over time? I'm thinking that I should've used a cleaner yeast strain..oh well not bad, but definitely not great.

Yeah, when I made a blueberry wheat, I made an Am. wheat.  The style has no flavor ;) so the blueberries can shine through.
My stupid brain has to learn the hard way ;) At least I have enough berries left to make Blueberry Wine, melomel, and blueberry pies :P
Dan Chisholm

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2013, 01:38:17 pm »
Mmmmmm, blueberry pie!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell