Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Resin  (Read 6521 times)

cornershot

Re: Resin
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2013, 10:12:09 am »
Bazinga!!!
I bet cat pee tastes nothing like it smells. Probably tastes like swiss cheese, only sweeter.

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2013, 10:25:48 am »
As far as I'm concerned, both "resinous" and "dank" are broad terms that convey a sense of weight.  I would expect thicker, heavier flavors from a beer described this way.  Almost viscous.

I had Resin last weekend (albeit at the end of a long session so my recollections are not necessarily crystal clear) and it was a sippin' beer, not one you would quaff.  Heavier, viscous.

While there may be ambiguity on the specific flavors you might expect to taste, I think both are more broad descriptors of the overall impression of the beer.  I wouldn't expect a light, bright, fruity beer if someone said it was resinous.

Also, a fruity beer could be grapefruit, lemon, etc.  Fruity being the broad descriptor of a whole range of flavors.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2013, 10:41:05 am »
I like to refer to resinous to the hop character in beers similar to Hop-Stoopid or Ruin 10. Lingering bitter, hoppy, sometimes spicy hop character. Long lasting in the finish and sometimes enjoyable if balanced properly.
Ron Price

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2013, 01:11:45 pm »
What about Stone Best By?  I thought it was pretty dang dank.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO