Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Using corny as fermenter  (Read 1521 times)

Offline kramerog

• Brewmaster General
    • My LinkedIn page
Using corny as fermenter
« on: September 03, 2013, 11:45:58 am »
What are easy ways to use a corny for a fermenter i.e. how do I stick a fermentation lock on the thing?  I'm planning on using the corny for dispensing beer in the future. 

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Using corny as fermenter
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 12:05:07 pm »
What are easy ways to use a corny for a fermenter i.e. how do I stick a fermentation lock on the thing?  I'm planning on using the corny for dispensing beer in the future.

Easy.  Attach a blowoff to the gas in tube.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Vin S

• Assistant Brewer
  • Harwinton CT
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 12:05:18 pm »
In the corny lid take the vent out place a bung with your bubbler or blow off tube in it. Some people also take gas fitting off and do the same. While your at it take 1 inch off the dip tube then when you want to transfer (replace gas fitting or vent) hook up co2 with low pressure and transfer to another keg.
" There is no such thing as a bad beer. It's that some taste better than others." Billy Carter

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 08:39:55 am »

Easy.  Attach a blowoff to the gas in tube.
This. You may be concerned it will clog, but remember the keg is rated to >100psi. The clog will blow through the tube long before the keg seals fail.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958