Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Woodstock Inn Station and Brewery  (Read 1676 times)

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
Woodstock Inn Station and Brewery
« on: August 29, 2013, 10:14:51 pm »
I was up in NH with the family this week and I managed to squeeze in dinner at a couple of the local brewpubs. Unfortunately, I had a rather disappointing trip to Woodstock Inn. Without going into the service too much, I'll just say that our waiter was having a truly horrible day. My wife ended up wearing some of it, too.

On the beer front, all they had available was their 6 year-round brews. Not only have I had all of them at one time or another, but they are all distributed fairly well in the region so I could pick up most of them at the store if I wanted to. Kinda lame to make the trek to the brewery only to find nothing new/special/seasonal on tap.

And then I remembered why I wasn't a huge fan of their beers in the first place. Every single one was a butter bomb. It's like they were all fermented with 1968 and crash cooled about 2 gravity points too soon. It's a shame, because I think their APA and red would be killer if there was no diacetyl.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Re: Woodstock Inn Station and Brewery
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 06:47:04 am »
It's no excuse on the service but they've had a tough couple weeks.  We stayed at the Inn a couple weeks ago and the day after we left, they had a fire in the building next door that ended in a total loss.  The building had 4 apartments, which I believe they rented to employees and their business office.  We were parked right next to that building the day before...luckily we weren't there the day of the fire.  I can't imagine what the FD would have done to our car.

As far as the beers, I find them OK.  Some places I go to only have Sam Adams and Woodstock Inn on tap with the other choices being BMC.  My go to beer with them is Pig's Ear, but I don't seek it out.

I find Moat Mountain over the "hill" to have a better selection of locally crafted brews, and it is always a stop for us when we are in and around North Conway.

I've always wanted to stay at the Inn and now that I have, I probably won't again.  Although breakfast (included with the room) was excellent.

Hopefully you got to walk down the street to Coneheads for some ice cream!

Any chance you are heading to Tamworth for the New England Homebrewers Jamoboree next weekend?  I'll be there with my club, The Seacoast Homebrewers.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
Re: Woodstock Inn Station and Brewery
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 09:52:54 pm »
It's no excuse on the service but they've had a tough couple weeks.  We stayed at the Inn a couple weeks ago and the day after we left, they had a fire in the building next door that ended in a total loss.  The building had 4 apartments, which I believe they rented to employees and their business office.  We were parked right next to that building the day before...luckily we weren't there the day of the fire.  I can't imagine what the FD would have done to our car.

As far as the beers, I find them OK.  Some places I go to only have Sam Adams and Woodstock Inn on tap with the other choices being BMC.  My go to beer with them is Pig's Ear, but I don't seek it out.

I find Moat Mountain over the "hill" to have a better selection of locally crafted brews, and it is always a stop for us when we are in and around North Conway.

I've always wanted to stay at the Inn and now that I have, I probably won't again.  Although breakfast (included with the room) was excellent.

Hopefully you got to walk down the street to Coneheads for some ice cream!

Any chance you are heading to Tamworth for the New England Homebrewers Jamoboree next weekend?  I'll be there with my club, The Seacoast Homebrewers.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about what happened. Glad to see the Inn was still up and running. That might explain the relative lack in beer selection. Like I said, their beers are decent, but I am really sensitive to diacetyl.

I didn't get to stop for ice cream afterwards. We ate there for lunch then headed to the other side of the "hill" right after. We spent 2 days in Lincoln (Santa's Village and Clark's), then took the Kancamangus to N Conway for a couple more days (Storyland). I did get to hit Moat Mountain (See my other post) while I was on the other side.

I won't be getting back up to NH until hunting season now, but I'll definitely have to try to get to the Jamboree some time. Sounds like a good time.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer