Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Let the Games Begin!  (Read 56047 times)

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
Re: Let the Games Begin!
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2013, 09:58:58 am »
Yeah, that many more percieved blown calls to whine about...  ::)
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2013, 10:59:41 am »
My SB prediction:

Denver vs. Seattle

Denver winning 38-27
Ron Price

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2013, 11:06:39 am »
My SB prediction:

Denver vs. Seattle

Denver winning 38-27

I don't think I can see anyone beating Denver in the AFC playoffs, but I thought that last year too.  Seattle is head and shoulders above everyone and I just can't see anyone scoring 38 on them.  The one team I'm keeping an eye out on is Carolina.  They've got some tough games coming down the stretch, so we'll see if they are for real. 

Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline punatic

« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2013, 11:13:55 am »
Saints and Broncos - could go either way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2013, 11:16:16 am »
Saints and Broncos - could go either way.

I don't think the Saints can win in Seattle. And if they don't the first time, it will be harder the second.

Loud, cold, and wet. Not a great recipe for a precision passing offense. Especially against the Legion of Boom.

Offline repo

• Brewer
  • San Diego CA
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2013, 11:25:13 am »

My team hasn't been relevant in 40 years, so I gotta be a hater.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2013, 12:59:24 pm »
So I guess I'll give your ticket for the HOF induction ceremony for Brady and Belichick to someone else, huh Tom.
Absolutely.  I would turn that down if it was a fully paid for trip, unless I was allowed to punch Belichick in the jimmies.  I have nothing against Brady, except that he is an overrated whiner. :)

For someone who hates the Patriots so much, you really don't talk about anything else.
I don't really hate the Pats, just their cheating coach who got a slap on the wrist instead of a nut punch for it. ;)

Best Head coach and Quarterback combo ever!!  EVER!!
I didn't know they had legalized weed for recreational use in NH too!!  Congratulations! ;D
Tom Schmidlin

Offline punatic

« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2013, 01:04:32 pm »

No need to be a hater, the lightning bolts aren't really all that bad.  Except last Sunday...   ;D

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline repo

• Brewer
  • San Diego CA
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2013, 01:32:55 pm »

No need to be a hater, the lightning bolts aren't really all that bad.  Except last Sunday...   ;D

You're right, as a fins fan you know about decades of being irrelevant. And the bolts did win the greatest game ever ;D

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2013, 02:21:22 pm »
So I guess I'll give your ticket for the HOF induction ceremony for Brady and Belichick to someone else, huh Tom.
Absolutely.  I would turn that down if it was a fully paid for trip, unless I was allowed to punch Belichick in the jimmies.  I have nothing against Brady, except that he is an overrated whiner. :)

For someone who hates the Patriots so much, you really don't talk about anything else.
I don't really hate the Pats, just their cheating coach who got a slap on the wrist instead of a nut punch for it. ;)

Best Head coach and Quarterback combo ever!!  EVER!!
I didn't know they had legalized weed for recreational use in NH too!!  Congratulations! ;D

i am not a bellichunk fan.  he took a playoff team cleveland browns and made them so bad they had to leave cleveland in one season.  that only happens if you deliberately tank. just my buck-02
Don AHA member

Offline punatic

« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2013, 03:16:27 pm »

You're right, as a fins fan you know about decades of being irrelevant. And the bolts did win the greatest game ever ;D

Did the bolts get a Super Bowl ring for that game?  Oh wait.  The bolts have not won any Super Bowl rings. That would make them irrelevant since at least 1967, no?

But,isn't the greatest NFL game ever played considered to be the NFL Championship game in 1958?  The bolts won that game?  I thought the Colts beat the Giants 23-17 in overtime in that one.

Colts - Bolts. Kinda the same.  I guess you look for relevancy wherever you can find it.  8)

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline repo

• Brewer
  • San Diego CA
« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2013, 04:46:24 pm »

Did the bolts get a Super Bowl ring for that game?  Oh wait.  The bolts have not won any Super Bowl rings. That would make them irrelevant since at least 1967, no?

But,isn't the greatest NFL game ever played considered to be the NFL Championship game in 1958?  The bolts won that game?  I thought the Colts beat the Giants 23-17 in overtime in that one.

Colts - Bolts. Kinda the same.  I guess you look for relevancy wherever you can find it.  8)

You gotta lay off the puna butter.  It's good to see you are still bitter about a game in way back in 1981 though :o

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2013, 05:00:17 pm »
  ;D  The Colts have been to 2 Super Bowls in 6 or 7 years,won one, won a slew of divisions, and played consistently good football. Should they maybe have won more than one Super Bowl ? Yep. But searching for "relevancy" has been a fairly easy search.    ;)
Jon H.

Offline punatic

« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2013, 05:06:04 pm »
Does the included the year they chose to "Suck For Luck?"  ;)

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #149 on: November 20, 2013, 05:10:39 pm »
Nope.  They legitimately sucked. Bill Polian had stopped drafting young players who could play (or sign free agents who still could either). Peyton got hurt and we had Curtis Painter out there, who couldn't play QB in a NERF league . Wheels fell off.
Jon H.