Author Topic: Let the Games Begin!  (Read 22202 times)

Offline Steve in TX

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
    • View Profile
Re: Let the Games Begin!
« Reply #315 on: January 19, 2014, 02:03:13 PM »

OK, gotta know  :   Why the hell do there need to be new rules for what constitutes pass interference in the playoffs ?  New England (as has often been the case) benefits from this.  They're mugging Denver's WRs. Of course after the famous "tuck" rule we should be used to it. Just sayin'.   ;)

That garbage in the end zone was ridiculous. Seattle is worse in my opinion.
Vote Jonathan Fuller for AHA Governing Committee. For every yes vote, Jonathan will send you a can of Heady Topper.

*** This message has not been approved by Jonathan Fuller. All claims of free Heady Topper are in jest and not to be taken seriously. But seriously, he is a great brewer that is 100% committed to helping the AHA and all homebrewers prosper.

Online theDarkSide

• Brewmaster General
  • Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 19, 2014, 02:59:57 PM »
Gee....biggest game of the year and Talib is hurt....wow what a shock!  I hope don't resign him.
Sergeant - BNArmy Member
AHA Member
Stephen M.
------------------------------------------------
Vote Jonathan Fuller for AHA Governing Committee http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/membership/aha-governing-committee/election/jonathan-fuller-3/
Get a grip and Vote for Chip for AHA Governing Committee - http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/membership/aha-governing-committee/election/chip-walton-3

Offline Steve in TX

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 19, 2014, 03:39:29 PM »
While I want Denver to win, I hope the pats can make it exciting. All they need is an interception to get some momentum.
Vote Jonathan Fuller for AHA Governing Committee. For every yes vote, Jonathan will send you a can of Heady Topper.

*** This message has not been approved by Jonathan Fuller. All claims of free Heady Topper are in jest and not to be taken seriously. But seriously, he is a great brewer that is 100% committed to helping the AHA and all homebrewers prosper.

Online theDarkSide

• Brewmaster General
  • Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 19, 2014, 03:42:22 PM »
While I want Denver to win, I hope the pats can make it exciting. All they need is an interception to get some momentum.
Well, when your best cover guy is a defensive lineman (Collins), I'm not sure that's going to happen.
Sergeant - BNArmy Member
AHA Member
Stephen M.
Vote Jonathan Fuller for AHA Governing Committee http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/membership/aha-governing-committee/election/jonathan-fuller-3/
Get a grip and Vote for Chip for AHA Governing Committee - http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/membership/aha-governing-committee/election/chip-walton-3

Offline Steve in TX

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 19, 2014, 03:49:56 PM »
Holding Denver to three was huge!

Offline Steve in TX

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 19, 2014, 03:56:38 PM »
It's good as over. Sorry dark side.

Online theDarkSide

• Brewmaster General
  • Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 19, 2014, 04:02:23 PM »
It's good as over. Sorry dark side.
Congratulations Denver.  Definitely the best team on the field today.

Sergeant - BNArmy Member
AHA Member
Stephen M.

Offline HoosierBrew

• Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Indianapolis,IN
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 19, 2014, 04:04:07 PM »
Good game.  Obviously Brady is limited on weapons and did the best he could. But I'm thrilled for Peyton - maybe another Super Bowl ring will finally shut up the haters that call him a choke artist. Ridiculous.
Jon H.

Offline punatic

• Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 19, 2014, 04:15:18 PM »
Gee, ya think the folks in Indianapolis are having second thoughts about the wisdom of their trading choices right about now?

Does anyone remember that Joe Montana came back and won a Super Bowl after having fusion surgery on his spine?

I guess Brady's gonna have to wait till next year to chase Jim Kelly's record some more...  8)
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline HoosierBrew

• Indianapolis,IN
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 19, 2014, 04:18:30 PM »
Yep, broke my heart to see him go. He's my favorite player. We got a great young QB at least, but if I had my way Peyton would have done that here today.
Jon H.

Offline punatic

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 19, 2014, 04:22:59 PM »
Luck understudying Manning would have guaranteed Indy having dominance for a decade or more.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline HoosierBrew

• Indianapolis,IN
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 19, 2014, 04:24:54 PM »
That was my thinking.  Unfortunately it turned into a pissing contest with Irsay (or from Irsay). Really stupid.
Jon H.

Offline punatic

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 19, 2014, 04:25:52 PM »
What would be really cool is to see Manning retire after repeating John Elway's back to back Super Bowls swan song.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline HoosierBrew

• Indianapolis,IN
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 19, 2014, 04:27:04 PM »
Yep.  I'd love to see it.
Jon H.

Offline Steve in TX

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 19, 2014, 04:32:44 PM »
I hate Joe Buck and Troy Aikman.

Good to see some red and gold in the stands.