Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Other hobbies?  (Read 14350 times)

Offline trapae

• Brewer
Re: Other hobbies?
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2013, 11:36:30 pm »
Surfing, snowboarding, surfing, my dog and wife, travel, surfing
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2013, 08:27:44 am »
Surfing, snowboarding, surfing, my dog and wife, travel, surfing

you must have an exceptionally patient wife, what with coming after Surfing, Snowboarding, Surfing again, AND the Dog (I can sort of understand the Dog part actually. Dogs rock)
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline geek_chaser

• Cellarman
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2013, 08:46:26 am »
What do you mean other hobby?  I don't get it.

I have kids and I brew.  Not sure I could find time for anything else

I hear ya. Two small kids. Barely time for sleep. I hear that's a thing. Nap time is when i brew. If Ido anything else they go with me.  8) 
Dont sweat the petty things. Pet the sweaty things

Offline dflittle

• 1st Kit
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2013, 08:49:33 am »
I cook...a lot! Used to do BBQ competition but now just for family, friends, and the occasional catering gig. Make my own bacon, sausage, hams, etc. Fish when I can.

Offline geek_chaser

• Cellarman
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2013, 08:51:55 am »
Wait.  Edit. I collect hot wheels. You know, for my sons.... :-X
Dont sweat the petty things. Pet the sweaty things

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2013, 09:14:10 am »

I hear ya. Two small kids. Barely time for sleep. I hear that's a thing. Nap time is when i brew. If Ido anything else they go with me.  8)

Don't worry, they get through that phase.  It will seem like no time and you'll spend your free time wondering what they are doing with their free time at college.   ;D

Enjoy them while they're small.  As they get older, encourage them give their opinions on every subject.  Kids have completely different ways of looking at things and they constantly amaze me.

One of my hobbies is gushing about how interesting and fun raising kids can be.   8)

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2013, 09:30:00 am »

Don't worry, they get through that phase.  It will seem like no time and you'll spend your free time wondering what they are doing with their free time at college.   ;D

Enjoy them while they're small.  As they get older, encourage them give their opinions on every subject.  Kids have completely different ways of looking at things and they constantly amaze me.

One of my hobbies is gushing about how interesting and fun raising kids can be.   8)

Paul
+1.  My kids (8 and 11) can be a pretty good source of entertainment .
Jon H.

Offline brew inspector

• Cellarman
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2013, 10:08:41 am »
My first post in the forum.

My other hobby might b4 of interest to those hikers and those with kids...Geocaching

Now that you don't need a dedicated GPS to do it more can give it a try. A smart phone works to find hidden containers all over the world. Some are very creative and could be anywhere..a parking lot at the mall or deep in the Woods.
Doesn't cost a thing if you have a smart phone or handheld GPS and free membership to any of the listing sites.
Geocaching.com
OpenCaching.us
TerraCaching.com

Sent from the future with my HTC Wildfire S and Tapatalk

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2013, 10:35:21 am »
In no particular order: cooking, bbq, gardening, canning, my musical hobby (bassist) went to wayside due to the brewery startup. I can't forget the AHA Governing Committee!

I also try to spend time with my wife and two dogs, amongst all of the aforementioned hobbies. :)

Although most of my time these days is spent on building my dream.

http://smokestacklightningbrewing.com/
Ron Price

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2013, 02:30:59 pm »
In no particular order: cooking, bbq, gardening, canning, my musical hobby (bassist) went to wayside due to the brewery startup. I can't forget the AHA Governing Committee!

I also try to spend time with my wife and two dogs, amongst all of the aforementioned hobbies. :)

Bought a new bass a few weeks back and I've been trying to find time to play it.  every time I do I feel guilty for taking time away from the book!

Best of luck on the brewery, Ron!  Love the name!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2013, 02:37:09 pm »

Best of luck w/ the brewery Ron!  Looking forward to following your adventure and possibly visiting it one day.
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2013, 08:19:37 am »

Best of luck w/ the brewery Ron!  Looking forward to following your adventure and possibly visiting it one day.

Welcome to the club and Good Luck. My hobbies are roasting coffee, canning, cheese making and other fermenting things.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:24:52 am by boulderbrewer »

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2013, 10:30:32 am »
Thanks gentlemen!

I've always wanted to make cheese, bought the book, discussed it but never pulled the trigger. Perhaps I can just buy good quality cheese and enyoy it. I love good quality artisan cheeses. :)
Ron Price

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2013, 01:50:29 pm »
Thanks gentlemen!

I've always wanted to make cheese, bought the book, discussed it but never pulled the trigger. Perhaps I can just buy good quality cheese and enyoy it. I love good quality artisan cheeses. :)

I have source for fresh, raw milk (my brother-in-law drives a milk truck) but I haven't tried making cheese yet.  It looks very interesting and I love cheese.  I just need to find more time for still one more hobby.  8^)

It wouldn't hurt to find a cave either but that probably isn't happening.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2013, 06:09:32 pm »
Thanks gentlemen!

I have source for fresh, raw milk (my brother-in-law drives a milk truck) but I haven't tried making cheese yet.  It looks very interesting and I love cheese.  I just need to find more time for still one more hobby.  8^)

It wouldn't hurt to find a cave either but that probably isn't happening.

Paul

It's actually pretty easy to make mozzarella and ricotta at home. Give it a try, you'll be hooked.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer