Other than Brewing > All Things Food

VacuVita [Semi-plug]

(1/2) > >>

bluefoxicy:
http://vacuvita.com/

... looks to me like the large container is the size of a loaf of bread, and the small container is the size of a sandwich.

This seems to be a next evolutionary step technology.  I've used those "Seal-A-Meal" whatsits with the hot wire and bags and the sucker things that try to vacuum out your Tupperware, and they're rather... irritating.  This is going, "That's a good idea.  How about doing it not-stupid?"

Risk of first generation tech being crappy is kind of high here.  Failing seals and electronics are common in primary runs.  On the other hand, these folks appear German; German engineering I trust.  Besides, this looks like something I want to encourage.

Guess I'll bite.  Fresh-made sandwiches are good, but not so good 5 hours later when you fetch them from the office refrigerator.  This interests me.

Thoughts?

Jimmy K:
Not sure how it's different than a FoodSaver with the canister accessories.

bluefoxicy:

--- Quote from: mtnrockhopper on September 10, 2013, 01:17:32 PM ---Not sure how it's different than a FoodSaver with the canister accessories.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  :)

Looks like... it's not much different!  Different form factor (the FoodSaver looks like a traditional vacuum bag style with a hose; this is more a canister with an integrated vacuum, with a hose to vacuum other canisters), but in the end the FoodSaver lets you hook up a hose to a canister and vacuum it out.

The major difference is the canister form factor.  Which is really no difference at all; sure one's round and one's square, but the fact is "there's canisters, they may or may not be in a shape you like, otherwise these are the same thing."

Good catch.

The Professor:
I'll stick with the FoodSaver (and it's clones) because you have the option of doing jars or bags.  I'm partial to the bags, myself

punatic:
I'll stick with living on Hawaii Island.  Wild fruit grows everywhere here, free for the picking.  No need for seal-a-meal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version