Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Dill pickle beer  (Read 14564 times)

Offline speed

• Brewer
  • Thedford nebraska
Re: Dill pickle beer
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2013, 06:02:59 pm »
Now, you guys are just being mean. Guess I'll just eat my pickles WiTH my beer. But I will let my wife know that you talked me out of it. So she knows I just didn't give up without a fight.

C'mon now! Just having a little fun! I'd guess most homebrewers have at least conceived strange beers at some time. It's part of the creative process that makes this hobby fun. I've thought of brewing a Halloween candy beer with all the crap candy my kid gets. Skittles, bottle caps, sweet tarts, bit o honey, razzles, starburst... I can just imagine the lovely puke green color!
Didn't mean to be pissy, guess I should have put a smiley on that. I know this is all in fun, my wife just loves dill pickles.i suppose if I want dill pickle flavoring should just drink the juice. :)

cornershot

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2013, 06:18:08 pm »
Now, you guys are just being mean. Guess I'll just eat my pickles WiTH my beer. But I will let my wife know that you talked me out of it. So she knows I just didn't give up without a fight.

C'mon now! Just having a little fun! I'd guess most homebrewers have at least conceived strange beers at some time. It's part of the creative process that makes this hobby fun. I've thought of brewing a Halloween candy beer with all the crap candy my kid gets. Skittles, bottle caps, sweet tarts, bit o honey, razzles, starburst... I can just imagine the lovely puke green color!
Didn't mean to be pissy, guess I should have put a smiley on that. I know this is all in fun, my wife just loves dill pickles.i suppose if I want dill pickle flavoring should just drink the juice. :)

LOL! And I don't just use that willy nilly. I actually laughed out loud. You should definitely drink the juice! But don't drink the kool-aid! Be creative! Brew what you want. Just because NO ONE thinks a good dill pickle beer can be done, doesn't mean it can't be done! Just keep this one to a gallon at most for the first try.

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2013, 09:09:15 pm »

LOL! And I don't just use that willy nilly. I actually laughed out loud. You should definitely drink the juice! But don't drink the kool-aid! Be creative! Brew what you want. Just because NO ONE thinks a good dill pickle beer can be done, doesn't mean it can't be done! Just keep this one to a gallon at most for the first try.

I think it's a fine idea. I think you should go with a sour beer, a full on mixed ferment, hence the rodenbach yeast suggestion.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline dzlater

• Brewmaster
  • Dan S. New Jersey
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2013, 04:10:55 am »
Get a used pickle barrel from the grocery store and ferment in it?
Dan S. from NJ