Author Topic: Amanda's Bio  (Read 2454 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
    • View Profile
Re: Amanda's Bio
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 12:59:38 PM »
Welcome to the fun. Post away, ask questions, share your ups and downs. Frequent brewing and this forum will bring you up to speed pretty quickly.

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 05:59:01 PM »
Welcome!
Dave Zach

Offline geek_chaser

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 08:01:13 PM »
Thanks guys. I do have one question. Would anyone drink a beer I'm trying to make: Hibiscus Hellhound. It will be a blonde, with hibiscus, lime and habenero. My inspiration is a lime habenero hibiscus cheese cake I made and it was so good. So Iwonder if the flavors would be just as good in a beer.   
Dont sweat the petty things. Pet the sweaty things

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 09:17:33 PM »
Thanks guys. I do have one question. Would anyone drink a beer I'm trying to make: Hibiscus Hellhound. It will be a blonde, with hibiscus, lime and habenero. My inspiration is a lime habenero hibiscus cheese cake I made and it was so good. So Iwonder if the flavors would be just as good in a beer.   

Sounds like a delicious cheese cake and only one way to find out if it will work in a beer.  I've had beers with each of those ingredients, but not all three together.  I've never brewed w/ either of these ingredients, so I couldn't begin to tell you how much to use, but I'm sure others could offer some insight on that.  Let us know how it turns out!
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline geek_chaser

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 09:33:18 PM »
when its done I will post the recipe. The cheese cake recipe is from b****in Kitchen's Nadia G. First cheese cake Iever made, and it was awesome.     

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 11:24:44 PM »
Aloha Amanda.  Welcome to the forum and to brewing.  It is an awesome community to be a member of.

I met my wife at the National Homebrewers' Conference in New Orleans in 1996.  We got married a year later.  After our honeymoon in Hawaii we went to NHC '97 in Cleveland.  Brewing brought us together.

Good on you for staying home and raising your sons.  Being a stay at home mom is as noble of a profession as there is.  Our world would be a much better place if there were more moms like you!

The best part about homebrewing is you can do anything you like.  As the Aussie saying goes, "No rules - Just right!"  Do it your own way.  Don't let anyone intimidate you into not following your own lead.  The best discoveries happen by mistake.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:30:01 PM by punatic »
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Online morticaixavier

• Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Davis, CA
    • View Profile
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 08:17:25 AM »
Aloha Amanda.  Welcome to the forum and to brewing.  It is an awesome community to be a member of.

I met my wife at the National Homebrewers' Conference in New Orleans in 1996.  We got married a year later.  After our honeymoon in Hawaii we went to NHC '97 in Cleveland.  Brewing brought us together.

Good on you for staying home and raising your sons.  Being a stay at home mom is as noble of a profession as there is.  Our world would be a much better place if there were more moms like you!

The best part about homebrewing is you can do anything you like.  As the Aussie saying goes, "No rules - Just right!"  Do it your own way.  Don't let anyone intimidate you into not following your own lead.  The best discoveries happen by mistake.

Or stay at home dads for that matter.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time" - A. Einstein

Jonathan I Fuller

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2013, 09:17:58 AM »
Or stay at home dads for that matter.

+1 to that!  I'm lucky that I can work from home thus allowing me to be a stay at home Dad.  Probably the most challenging job I've ever had but by far the most rewarding!  Really makes me appreciate my Mother even more.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 09:55:33 AM by thebigbaker »
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline geek_chaser

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2013, 10:35:26 AM »
 8) Itold my husband Iwant to start a stay at home home brewers club.  That way everyone understands why we all have our kids and are just as excited for adult conversation that's not online. Lol