Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Zymurgy iphone app?  (Read 46551 times)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Zymurgy iphone app?
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2013, 10:28:06 am »
Hey all,

The newest issue of Zymurgy was just released on the mobile app!

Cheers,
Duncan

Got it...and was able to download/read with success.

Thanks!
Ron Price

Offline scottNU

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2013, 02:09:30 pm »
Hey all,

The newest issue of Zymurgy was just released on the mobile app!

Cheers,
Duncan

Got it...and was able to download/read with success.

Thanks!

Yes, there was a couple hour delay between the email and when the app had the new version.  It looks great.

Offline scottNU

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2013, 10:09:33 am »
I love having the issues on my iPad, since as a road warrior its nice to read them on the go, but that also leads to my biggest frustration. The app requires a data connection to keep you logged in.

That is a great point.  I would love to hear an explanation.  In my experience, that is not how other magazines work.

Another app question - is there a way to delete issues once they are read?  If there is, I have missed it.  Unfortunately, I am space limited on the iPad and need to balance reading and music for each business trip.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I was told that you could read downloaded issues off line, but I just tried it and it didn't work.  There is unfortunately no way to delete issues at the moment. Believe me, I let them know that wasn't a good thing.  They plan on adding that, but there is no word on when.

Any update on the app and the proposed improvements? I have another long trip coming up and I would love to have offline access.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2013, 10:18:10 am »
Any update on the app and the proposed improvements? I have another long trip coming up and I would love to have offline access.

I got a beta version to test yesterday, but I don't know what the release schedule is.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2013, 10:28:24 am »

App update for iPhone/iPad is in testing now and should be released shortly. Android update will follow shortly there after. The new release will fix problems with deleting issues and accessing downloaded issues while offline.

Many of the problems with the apps stem from the fact that we want to offer the apps and associated content for free to AHA members. Membership is different than purchasing an individual magazine or a subscription. That model didn't play well with the Apple Newsstand (Google Play is a similar, but different story). In any case, the new releases should make the Zymurgy apps a really great resource for members.
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline scottNU

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2013, 11:03:51 am »
Excellent!  Thanks for the update.

Offline scottNU

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2013, 01:38:08 am »
The new app is out and is working great. I was able to delete old issues and read offline. Thanks folks!

Offline scott

• Cellarman
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2013, 02:08:36 pm »
Can anyone else access the Jul/Aug 2005 issue on the iPad/iPhone Zymergy app?  I get a document error message.

Additionally, when I touch the "X" to close the document error, the app downloads the issue behind the message, May/Jun 2003.  This may actually happen because the document error window goes away on its own.

Otherwise I think the app is great.  This version is much better than the previous one. 
Scott

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2013, 03:15:59 pm »
Can anyone else access the Jul/Aug 2005 issue on the iPad/iPhone Zymergy app?  I get a document error message.

Additionally, when I touch the "X" to close the document error, the app downloads the issue behind the message, May/Jun 2003.  This may actually happen because the document error window goes away on its own.

Otherwise I think the app is great.  This version is much better than the previous one.

Thanks for pointing this out Scott.  I get the same error you are seeing.  Our Web Architect is looking into what might be causing the problem.

Glad you like the new version, it is indeed much improved!
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado