Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: iOS 7  (Read 3948 times)

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
Re: iOS 7
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 02:30:11 pm »
That's really funny.  Runways are designated by the compass degree they are aligned with, e.g.  Taking off on a runway due east, you are taking off on runway 9.  Due south, is runway 18... 
Two parallel runways due south, runway 18 left and 18 right.  Never heard of runways with letter designations.

If you want a good Siri laugh check out this youtube video:

Siri vs Hawaiian Pidgin

Interesting.  I may not have the actual letter right (though I think I do), but I know it wasn't a number.  I guess its just another way it was wrong.  Also it was in a part of the airport where the float planes and small planes are at - don't know if that would make a difference.

Seems you're not alone!  http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/09/26/apple-maps-app-directs-drivers-to-runway/?intcmp=features

That's hilarious!  Two cars actually did it!
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 03:54:48 pm »
Seems a bit strange - unrestricted access to two active runways at an international airport.

TSA will frisk granny at the security check point, but you can drive directly to your filght if you use Apple maps?

Sum Ting Wong

Runways 2L, 2R, 20L, 20R, and a float pond too!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 03:56:20 pm by punatic »
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 03:57:42 pm »
It's Alaska, they actually think the rest of the planet is strange.

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 09:19:37 am »
Well, I've had a while to use iOS 7.  I really like iTunes radio.  It seems to learn faster than Pandora, and has a whole lot bigger music library that it plays from.

I do not like the minimalistic wireframe icons and function buttons.  They may be real hip and chic (or whatever the cool phrase for being cool is these days), but they are hard to see.   A classic case of form over function.

Battery life on my iPad is less running iOS 7.  I disable a bunch of stuff the runs in the background (location services, autoupdates, etc.), but the battery life is still shorter than it was running iOS 6.x.

Haven't had a chance to try 7 on my iPhone yet.  It is taking a vacation on the mainland.  It's visiting relatives at the Apple repair facility in California.  I'm limping along on my old iPhone 3G until it returns.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2013, 10:45:46 am »
I downloaded iOS7 last week, and must say that I haven't really had the time to play around with it much. I did see a few reviews that were quite positive. There certainly are a lot of upgrades this time around. I'll eventually start integrating some of the upgrades into my routine. I want to try out iTunes radio for sure. The new look is taking some getting use to, but the functionality seems "spot on" so far.
Ron Price