Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: GABF Looking for Saturday Members (daytime) session- with a REAL Glass  (Read 2648 times)

Offline jullason

• 1st Kit
Hi Folks,

This will be my 20th year in a row at GABF.  Back in the day, I'd volunteer on the setup crew, putting together taps, and got free tickets, but I have since moved from Colorado.  I have my plane tickets, but not my GABF :(  I missed out on the presale since the tickets sold out in 20 min.  If someone has reasonably priced tickets, I'd be happy to buy them.  I'm looking for up to 4 tickets (wife, buddy, his wife, and me).  I just don't want to encourage the CL scalpers, trying to ass rape folks.  If you can help me out, please call.  My Cell is 623-221-8000.

Thanks,
Jason Ingram

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
Re: GABF Looking for Saturday Members (daytime) session- with a REAL Glass
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 08:06:24 am »
Time for his annual drive by:

I have been out of the country and missed my chance to buy tickets during the presale.  This will be my 17th year in a row going to the GABF, so I really don't want to miss out.  They are even full up on the setup/teardown volunteer crews to get tickets, so I'm trying here.  I already have my tickets to Denver, so I just need my GABF tix.  I need 3, but will take 1 or 2 if that is all you have available.

Jason
623-221-8000

Sadly, I missed the presale by a few hours and didn't get my tickets.  This will be my 18th year in a row at the GABF..  I used to live in Denver and would get my (free) tickets by setting up the tap systems.  Now I live in Phoenix and make the journey each year..  Gabf is a good excuse to visit my family, right?  Well, the wife and I have our plane tickets, and just need our GABF tickets.  I'm not looking to pay outrageous prices to the scalpers on craigslist.  In past years, the ticket sellers tend to drop their prices to reasonable levels a day or 2 before the event, when they look at their stockpile and start to unload.  But looking at all the WTB ads, I'm not convinced this will happen this year. 

So, I'm hoping that I can score at least 2 tickets for a reasonable amount over face value.  That will get the wife and me in.  If I can get a few more, I have 2 sisters and their husbands (still living in Colorado) that would love to go again this year.

If anyone can help, please call me-
Jason
623-221-8000

Somehow, I missed the member pre-sale this year and find myself in a bind to get a ticket.  I have my Denver Plane Ticket booked, just need to get into GABF for my 19th consecutive year!  I live in Phoenix, but will be flying into Denver late, Friday, the week before GABF.  If you have more than 1, I have family that would love to join me, but I need at least 1 ticket for a price that won't leave me feeling violated.  Please feel free to Email or call- 623-221-8000   

Thanks,

Jason

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 08:19:01 am »
Time for his annual drive by:

I have been out of the country and missed my chance to buy tickets during the presale.  This will be my 17th year in a row going to the GABF, so I really don't want to miss out.  They are even full up on the setup/teardown volunteer crews to get tickets, so I'm trying here.  I already have my tickets to Denver, so I just need my GABF tix.  I need 3, but will take 1 or 2 if that is all you have available.

Jason
623-221-8000

Sadly, I missed the presale by a few hours and didn't get my tickets.  This will be my 18th year in a row at the GABF..  I used to live in Denver and would get my (free) tickets by setting up the tap systems.  Now I live in Phoenix and make the journey each year..  Gabf is a good excuse to visit my family, right?  Well, the wife and I have our plane tickets, and just need our GABF tickets.  I'm not looking to pay outrageous prices to the scalpers on craigslist.  In past years, the ticket sellers tend to drop their prices to reasonable levels a day or 2 before the event, when they look at their stockpile and start to unload.  But looking at all the WTB ads, I'm not convinced this will happen this year. 

So, I'm hoping that I can score at least 2 tickets for a reasonable amount over face value.  That will get the wife and me in.  If I can get a few more, I have 2 sisters and their husbands (still living in Colorado) that would love to go again this year.

If anyone can help, please call me-
Jason
623-221-8000

Somehow, I missed the member pre-sale this year and find myself in a bind to get a ticket.  I have my Denver Plane Ticket booked, just need to get into GABF for my 19th consecutive year!  I live in Phoenix, but will be flying into Denver late, Friday, the week before GABF.  If you have more than 1, I have family that would love to join me, but I need at least 1 ticket for a price that won't leave me feeling violated.  Please feel free to Email or call- 623-221-8000   

Thanks,

Jason

Interesting catch there, Carl.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline punatic

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 08:25:15 am »
Members' session tickets are sold to members only - except on the resale market.

Eight posts in three years. All only about buying tickets.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 08:28:45 am by punatic »

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline jullason

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 11:11:58 pm »
So, what's your point, Hot Carl?  I am in legitimate need of tickets to use.  I have 19 years of experience at GABF.  I'm not a home brewer, but I became a member SOLELY to purchase the Saturday Day session, since that is the only one that provides a real glass.  I have a collection of all the years.  Hell, in 2000, I was in Munich, Germany at Oktoberfest, and made sure to be back in Denver in time for GABF.   If you can help, great, if not, I respectfully request that you not troll me.

Thanks,

Jason

Offline punatic

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 02:06:53 am »
You write a great sob story, but it's just the same old one.  Next year you should try to think of something new.

Stop by when you have something to add to the forum.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline jullason

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 02:46:52 am »
Dearest Hot Carl,

It's not a sob story, but totally legit.  Do you even go to GABF?  I see you live in Hawaii.  I used to live there too.  I taught Scuba out of the Embassy Suites in Maui.  I remember it being a PITA to get good beer there, so I can understand your need to make your own.  Am I posting in the wrong place?  All I am looking for is a way to go to the GABF, get my glass, drink my share of good beer, and go back home.  It sucks that your post count is the most precious thing in your life, but whatever.

Dear Other members,

If you can help me with Saturday Day session tickets, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Jason
623-221-8000

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 05:08:03 am »
Just a bit of friendly advice for you when you post on message boards.  Use the PM feature for direct contact.  By posting your phone number you've opened the door to every spammer and direct marketer in the world.

Using just your phone number and 15 seconds on google I can tell you an awful lot about you.  Same goes for the guy in another thread who posted his email address.

Good luck on your ticket search.  My understanding is members only ticket are like gold.  I certainly hope you collection of glasses makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.  Prost! 

Before you jump my back for offering helpful advice: I am an AHA member, an all grain brewer, a regular contributer to this and other beer forums and do not plan on attending GABF. 
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 09:01:02 am »
Ya know, calling him "Hot Carl" is not doing you any favors.  One of my good friends has two Sat member's session tickets and now can't go.  I saw your post needing tickets, but decided not to pass your info to him for the tickets. 

This time of year there is a rush of people that post on this board that need or sell tickets and it's their one and only post.  I think what Carl is getting at is that everyone on here is happy to help others out, but will put those who contribute to this forum well above those "flybys" who just come on here looking for tickets.  I wish you luck in finding the tickets you need.

Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline punatic

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 10:05:18 am »
How wonderful for you that you taught SCUBA in Maui.  Do you think that makes it OK to come into this forum and insult Association members?

You do your annual last minute drive-by plea for GABF tickets.  This year you decide to add the caveat that you want members only tickets, but not if the price is to allow an Association member to sodomize you.  I don't know if you were serious, joking, or trying to be clever.  In any case I find it highly offensive.  Who is the troll?

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 12:20:39 pm »
I do not appreciate this usually very respectful and clean forum being soiled by terms like "sodomize" and "Hot Carl".

That is uncalled for on the AHA Forum.
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article