Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Oklahoma law changes  (Read 1412 times)

Offline mosinnagant

• 1st Kit
Oklahoma law changes
« on: October 14, 2013, 01:58:07 pm »
Hello all, if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it for me if you can, as I didn't see any other place to put this.  I was reading through the Oklahoma Statutes on this site, and I saw it mentioned about how homebrewers can only brew up to 3.2% alcohol content.  I know that is currently the same law for beers sold in grocery stores and in some bars I believe.  I heard that law is about to change next month, and will be closer to Texas' 6 point laws.  I wonder if this will affect homebrewers here....

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
Re: Oklahoma law changes
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 03:00:48 pm »
Hello all, if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it for me if you can, as I didn't see any other place to put this.  I was reading through the Oklahoma Statutes on this site, and I saw it mentioned about how homebrewers can only brew up to 3.2% alcohol content.  I know that is currently the same law for beers sold in grocery stores and in some bars I believe.  I heard that law is about to change next month, and will be closer to Texas' 6 point laws.  I wonder if this will affect homebrewers here....

for what it's worth, it's 3.2 ABW which is around 4% ABV, not that that makes much difference.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 04:15:19 pm »

As a very small commercial brewery, we pay a higher state tax if our beer is over 7%ABV.  Just trust me when I say I never brew label a beer above 7%.

Offline mosinnagant

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 04:34:35 pm »

As a very small commercial brewery, we pay a higher state tax if our beer is over 7%ABV.  Just trust me when I say I never brew label a beer above 7%.

;D