Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: In need of some advice...  (Read 5223 times)

Offline vista

• Assistant Brewer
  • Orange, CT
Re: In need of some advice...
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 07:33:10 pm »

A real Giants fan would note that they are only 2 games out of first place with 12 to play(7 at home). As well as the fact that the last time they lost 4 straight, they won the super bowl.

Stop it...a real giants fan knows Eli is no better at home than he is away. This year is different. They are bad.

Take it easy...

Offline vista

• Assistant Brewer
  • Orange, CT
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 07:35:15 pm »

You may be too young to remember the Allie Sherman/Alex Webster era.

My parents were in their teens during this time.. :-)
Take it easy...

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 09:47:37 am »

How's the best way to deal with such times?

Stop caring about watching grown men play a childish game....

But .... It's a lot of fun! :)

I guess it is for some people.  I've never understood why....
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 10:07:53 am »
Yeah, some people don't understand why drinking beer and smokin dope are fun either. ;)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 10:30:19 am »
It'll be an interesting game this weekend. The Eagles (1-3) are also thirsting for a win. Should be a good game anyway.
Ron Price

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 10:48:14 am »
It'll be an interesting game this weekend. The Eagles (1-3) are also thirsting for a win. Should be a good game anyway.

If you like watching train wrecks. ;)
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2013, 11:28:57 am »
Yeah, some people don't understand why drinking beer and smokin dope are fun either. ;)

Well, that's DIFFERENT!  ;)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 04:22:39 pm »
In sitting here, dumbfounded. I don't know what to say. I didn't have high expectations but I didn't think it'd be this bad. The giants are 0 and 4 and I am beside myself.

Pining for the days of The Big Tuna, ay?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline vista

• Assistant Brewer
  • Orange, CT
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 05:21:04 pm »

In sitting here, dumbfounded. I don't know what to say. I didn't have high expectations but I didn't think it'd be this bad. The giants are 0 and 4 and I am beside myself.

Pining for the days of The Big Tuna, ay?

I really can't complain much about the Eli and coughlin era. It's produced a pretty solid decade from a giants fan's perspective. It's always sweet to reminisce about LT destroying teams single handedly, or the ability of mark bavaro to carry 10 men on his back at a time...but the recent era has been pretty sweet too....up until the last 4 games lol.

Give a man a hamburger, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hamburger, he'll live forever.
Take it easy...

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 05:24:58 pm »
They've been starting slow for years, but with the Saints and Seahawks looking so tough the Giants are digging a deep hole this time. They've gotta go 9-3 from here on out to finish 9-7. That's a tough one.
Jon H.

Offline yugamrap

• Brewer
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 09:42:17 am »
You're kidding, right? You think 0-4 in one season is so tough that you need to come to us Browns fans to figure out how to cope with it?!  Wow, you Giants fans must really be soft.  Go hide under the covers and come back when you've built a solid track record of perennial losing, front office incompetence and ownership scandals - 10 years minimum. 

The Browns are on their 7th head coach and 19th starting QB in the 14 seasons since the team was reestablished.  Since the 1999 season through today, the Browns have averaged 5.21 wins per season with a winning percentage of .490.  The Giants have won more Superbowls in that time than the Browns have had winning seasons!  The Browns have never been to a Superbowl, and won their last championship in 1964 when I was 1 year old.  We have orange & brown T-shirts here that say "Just one before I die."  If you've been to Cleveland, you know that there's no such thing as a "fair weather" Browns fan - literally or figuratively.

C'mon Giants fan, grow a pair!  ;) 

Your stupidly optimistic, life-long Browns fan,

Jim 
...it's liquid bread, it's good for you!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 10:46:20 am »
You're kidding, right? You think 0-4 in one season is so tough that you need to come to us Browns fans to figure out how to cope with it?!  Wow, you Giants fans must really be soft.  Go hide under the covers and come back when you've built a solid track record of perennial losing, front office incompetence and ownership scandals - 10 years minimum. 

The Browns are on their 7th head coach and 19th starting QB in the 14 seasons since the team was reestablished.  Since the 1999 season through today, the Browns have averaged 5.21 wins per season with a winning percentage of .490.  The Giants have won more Superbowls in that time than the Browns have had winning seasons!  The Browns have never been to a Superbowl, and won their last championship in 1964 when I was 1 year old.  We have orange & brown T-shirts here that say "Just one before I die."  If you've been to Cleveland, you know that there's no such thing as a "fair weather" Browns fan - literally or figuratively.

C'mon Giants fan, grow a pair!  ;) 

Your stupidly optimistic, life-long Browns fan,

Jim

Nice perspective.

Good to see you sticking by your team, after all of the demise. That shows a lot of character my freind.
Ron Price

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2013, 08:18:43 pm »
Seems like Carl is having a bit of a tough time dealing with the G-Men's season as well:

http://video.adultswim.com/carl/carls-lock-giants-vs-eagles-2013.html
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline vista

• Assistant Brewer
  • Orange, CT
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2013, 04:57:31 am »

Seems like Carl is having a bit of a tough time dealing with the G-Men's season as well:

http://video.adultswim.com/carl/carls-lock-giants-vs-eagles-2013.html

Man I used to be a huge athf fan back in the day. I think at one point I could quote the entire 'visitors from beyond Pluto' ep.

'Emery, your water melons are in fiar!'

In other news related to thanking the Internet

I have no idea if this pic worked...

Give a man a hamburger, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hamburger, he'll live forever.
Take it easy...

cornershot

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2013, 07:22:55 am »
Mark your calendar for for May 8, 2014. Gotta have something to look forward to!
Not much better for an Eagles fan, but they're in first place! :o