General Category > Zymurgy

zymurgy search

(1/3) > >>

abastard:
I must be stupid, but have never managed to find a way to search the archives. I think the presentation of the magazine by issue is a waste. If I wanted to read the magazine I would take my copy off the shelf and read it. I would like to search across all the archives available and go directly to the article. How do I get there?

garyg:

--- Quote from: abastard on October 21, 2013, 04:31:31 PM ---I must be stupid, but have never managed to find a way to search the archives. I think the presentation of the magazine by issue is a waste. If I wanted to read the magazine I would take my copy off the shelf and read it. I would like to search across all the archives available and go directly to the article. How do I get there?

--- End quote ---

Are you using the online eZymurgy or the Zymurgy app?  Either way, you can search the content of all of the available issues.  With eZymurgy there's a check box when doing a search that allows you to select whether you wish to search the specific issue you are looking at, or the entire archive.  With the apps, if you search from the main page, where you are looking at the icon covers of multiple issues, you will be searching across all issues.  If you are already in a specific issue in the app, a search will only cover that issue you are in.

If you are using the Apple app, I would highly recommend updating to the latest version if you haven't already done so.  The latest version addresses several issues with the originally released app.  A similar update for the Android version will be out shortly.

brewgene:
  I have been having the same issue. Especially when searching the archives in EZymurgy. It seems I am stuck in the new issue and when I search it is only searching the new issue even when I select the options. It might be because I am working on an iPad.
  The zymurgy app works better and much easier! ...but the archives only go back to 2008. I have read that the EZymurgy archive goes back to 2000 but again it seems I am unable to access them.

brewgene:
Sometimes you ask someone the question and that's when you find the answer yourself..  On an IPad, When in the current issue, double tap, the menu appears, tap the arrow icon in the left top corner, takes you to the zymurgy title menu, scroll to the right through the issue, then continue scrolling right and you will see the front pages of this years issues, scroll a little further, and click on the, SEE ALL, there you will find all the issues in EZymurgy back to 2000.

mtnrockhopper:
I haven't tried searching within eZymurgy, but the Zymurgy index lets you search all issues - even those not on eZymurgy - by keyword.

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/zymurgy/archives

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version