Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Full Sail Session  (Read 1963 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Full Sail Session
« on: October 23, 2013, 12:59:02 am »
Any spies out there know which Wyeast FS uses in Session?

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Full Sail Session
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 09:52:09 am »
Did you try contacting Full Sail?  Sometimes breweries are very helpful.  Ya never know til ya try!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 11:21:55 am »
I'll try that. Gives me a reason to stop by for lunch and a pint.

But I've been reading on Wyeast website. I like Session for its maltiness and how crisp and clear it is for an all barley beer. I'm not trying to clone it, just get some of those traits. So I'm thinking of an all pilsner malt, lightly hopped, beer using WY2112. Running it at 62°.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 11:40:03 am by klickitat jim »

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 08:00:12 pm »
Anyone know where to buy Proprietary Yeast? I heard back from FS, and that's what they use in Session

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 08:09:59 pm »
Anyone know where to buy Proprietary Yeast? I heard back from FS, and that's what they use in Session

Yes I do!  In one of their bottles.

FWIW I really want to do that with Heady Topper...
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 08:13:06 pm »
Hmmm, as clear as it is I doubt there's much in the bottle. Its all good. I've decided to try the high floccing WY2112 anyway.

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 08:24:41 pm »
Hmmm, as clear as it is I doubt there's much in the bottle. Its all good. I've decided to try the high floccing WY2112 anyway.

Yeah and they may actually pasteurize or something similar.  But unfortunately to buy (commercially) a proprietary yeast is not going to happen.

You (or your friends) are a much bigger fan of light lagers than I.  For me, it is 'Well if you must have it, I'll brew one.'  Which I did for a Navy reunion I had at my house this Summer.  They drained that keg in 2 days and I had half a keg left of a rye IPA.  I don't get it.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 09:18:47 pm »
I like variety. If I had to pick one style for the rest of my life I wouldn't. Session, of all the lagers I've tried, is my favorite. But even then, I'm not trying to copy it. Just going to try to accomplish some of its traits. Clear, clean taste, malt forward, crisp finish. I'll be happy with that.