General Category > Going Pro

Sourcing Glassware

<< < (2/3) > >>

Joe Sr.:
Yes.  With shipping.

I think the cost per glass was $1.40 before shipping.

Total cost was under $900 IIRC.

tschmidlin:
Nice, thanks.  It would be a bit more for me, but I'm further away.  Still a good price.

Jeff M:
SHipping is pretty crazy. i was looking at 250 glasses of 2 different types and the shipping was about 25% of the quote. i can only imagine the shipping would get cheaper as you order more because of freight costs.  Still not a bad deal at about 2.50 a glass or so! How is the glass quality Joe?  Did you have any breakage etc?

Jeff

Pawtucket Patriot:
Has anyone gone through Boelter?  We're looking at them and Grandstand for our taproom glassware.

Joe Sr.:

--- Quote from: Jeff M on November 08, 2013, 09:25:13 PM ---SHipping is pretty crazy. i was looking at 250 glasses of 2 different types and the shipping was about 25% of the quote. i can only imagine the shipping would get cheaper as you order more because of freight costs.  Still not a bad deal at about 2.50 a glass or so! How is the glass quality Joe?  Did you have any breakage etc?

Jeff

--- End quote ---

Zero breakage. They were well packed and delivered on a pallet. I'm not far from them (I thnk they're in Milwaukee) so that might have kept shipping lower. I don't recall for sure but shipping could well have been 100+. Regardless, all in cost was under $2 per glass.

The glasses are solid standard shaker glasses. No frills but sturdy. There's at least one other organization locally that orders from them for wine glasses for a fundraiser. I believe one of the local bars also orders from them, but they go with tulips so the prices are much higher.

Never priced Boelter but I think that was the other place recommended by the bar owners.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version