Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sabco Brew Magic Owners - Thoughts, Processes & Mods  (Read 22921 times)

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
Re: Sabco Brew Magic Owners - Thoughts, Processes & Mods
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2014, 02:15:36 pm »
Just a thought Amanda,

It sounds as though the rig is garage kept and residual moisture freezes in the lines when not in use.

I don't have a single tier set up but thought perhaps if there was a way to blow the system out with compressed air after brewing it might help in keeping things from freezing up.

Glad to hear your day today went well!

Fortunately I have thought of that! :) Since it is (insulated) garage kept, I store it with all of the valves open, including the drain valve.

The freezing from a week or so ago was when the rig was in use, after I had to use the main drain valve, and when it was exposed to 8F temps.
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2014, 02:20:52 pm »

Just a thought Amanda,

It sounds as though the rig is garage kept and residual moisture freezes in the lines when not in use.

I don't have a single tier set up but thought perhaps if there was a way to blow the system out with compressed air after brewing it might help in keeping things from freezing up.

Glad to hear your day today went well!

Fortunately I have thought of that! :) Since it is (insulated) garage kept, I store it with all of the valves open, including the drain valve.

The freezing from a week or so ago was when the rig was in use, after I had to use the main drain valve, and when it was exposed to 8F temps.
cool, glad to hear it! Insulated garage is funny, mine too is insulated but this winter that hasn't really meant much;) I found that out with frozen hoses when I needed them so now I've been blowing them all out with air after use and it's been working well-Can't . Wait . For.  Spring!
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline Scot (one T)

• Cellarman
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2014, 08:42:31 am »
Glad to hear things went well. 
Scot Schaar
River's Edge Fermentation Society
St Paul Homebrewers Club
AHA Member
BJCP Beer and Mead Judge