Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Sorry Guest, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is set to expire October 13, 2024, 08:19:18 am.

Author Topic: Which hotel to stay at in Grand Rapids  (Read 8251 times)

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
Re: Which hotel to stay at in Grand Rapids
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2014, 11:27:40 am »
Where's NHC '15 going to be held?

I'm going to the ADI conference in Seattle in April, so Grand Rapids is not going to happen for me.

If you are going to be in Seattle in April, there is a bunch of us who will be up here, maybe we can get together and share some beers. Maybe we can even get Denny to drive up.

Keep me informed.  It would make a good excuse to visit my brother up there.
I'd be up for that.

It's happening.  I'll be in Seattle for the ADI conference 3/28 through 4/4.  Anybody up for a beer or two?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:41:41 am by punatic »
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline bonjour

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Troy, MI, 37mi, 60.9deg AR
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2014, 04:33:05 pm »

Typically, it is announced at the previous year's NHC. Information was leaked early this past year, which is unusual from what I can gather.

We will likely find out in June where the 2015 conference is.

The host city is kept quiet until all of the contracts are signed and it is a go. Once contracts are in hand, they can announce it. As the conference grows, it becomes a bigger financial positive for the host city, so there may be more competition from cities, convention centers, and hotels to have it. That may cause the people involved to be more tight lipped.

As far as the GR NHC, it was more of an announcement than a leak. Note that Austin is mentioned in the link, and they dropped out due to local liquor laws. As I have spent some time there, hope they have some new legislation that changes/changed those laws so that the NHC goes there some day.

http://www.grbj.com/articles/75647-beer-association-taps-grand-rapids-for-national-convention

Edit - note the mention of a 7 city rotation for the NHC. The size of the conference will limit it to big convention cities.
Nice description of the process.  Because of the conference size planning has to start earlier to get the space reserved.

We have all the downtown hotels reserved (with great rates by the way) and some outlier hotels as well.  As it says on the website bus transportation (maybe van) will be provided from the outlier hotels.

The downtown hotels are all walkable to DeVos
Fred Bonjour
Co-Chair Mashing in Michigan 2014 AHA Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan
AHA Governing Committee; AHA Conference, Club Support & Web Subcommittees

Everything under 1.100 is a 'session' beer ;)

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2014, 04:42:00 pm »

I'm going to the ADI conference in Seattle in April, so Grand Rapids is not going to happen for me.

If you are going to be in Seattle in April, there is a bunch of us who will be up here, maybe we can get together and share some beers. Maybe we can even get Denny to drive up.

Keep me informed.  It would make a good excuse to visit my brother up there.
I'd be up for that.

It's happening.  I'll be in Seattle for the ADI conference 3/28 through 4/4.  Anybody up for a beer or two?

I am up for it.

Offline jshufelt

• 1st Kit
    • QUAFF
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2014, 06:48:29 pm »

Typically, it is announced at the previous year's NHC. Information was leaked early this past year, which is unusual from what I can gather.

We will likely find out in June where the 2015 conference is.

Actually, Gary announced it at the last AHA Rally.

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2014, 07:44:10 pm »
San Diego
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------