Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Gravity  (Read 4562 times)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Gravity
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 02:21:51 pm »
Obviously there will always be critics. Hell, most critics panned "Raider's of the Lost Ark" when it came out.,

Raiders had me from the first frame.  I spent many, many, many Saturday afternoons watching serial cliff hangers at the local theater (Kadena AFB, Okinawa).  Raiders were all of that, plus in color, plus you got to watch the whole thing in one sitting.

One thing I'm proud of is I got to work on the fourth installment, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.  Parts were filmed here on Hawaii Island.  My least favorite (film-wise) of the four, but very fun to work on.

Indy 5 is a go.  I see Indy, Genghis Khan's tomb, and Chi-coms at the outset...   :-X

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was soooo disappointing. And what really sucked was the first half was pretty good and the second half was some of the dumbest movie making ever. If the pattern holds the fifth one will be good.
Yeah, still one my all-time favorite movie series.  The last one was such a letdown - I actually enjoyed the first half quite a bit, then the bottom fell out. Piss poor ending.
Jon H.

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2013, 03:47:43 pm »
The Indy series does seen to suffer from Every-other Syndrome; every other one is a stinker.  Temple of Doom Was a nonstop screamfest by Kate Capshaw.  Spielberg musta dug it though.  He ended up marrying her.

Last Crusade was my favorite so far.  Absolute genius casting Sean Connery as Henry Jones Sr.

"You were named after the dog?!"
"I have a lot of fond memories of that dog!"
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2013, 04:23:53 pm »

I saw it and while the special effects and 3-D were cool, that was about it, as a whole I thought the movie sucked and was not worth the price of admission, but the dinner we went out for afterwards was awesome!

If you can see a matinee at a discounted price I'd do that;)

Really? Hard to believe anyone didn't think it was worth price of admission. I thought it was great. I also left my expectations at the door. OTOH it may be "Eat Pray Love" is more your speed. ;)

Not sure how much y'all pay but here for 3-D the tix are $17.50!

Like I said, the effects were cool, there was absolutely no story and some of it was pretty far fetched as to how real the situation could be,
At $8-10 I would have been happier, BTW, I don't even know what eat pray love is.....perhaps ignorance is bliss;)

Damn. No movie is worth that. $36 for my wife, two kids and I. Three adult purchased tickets. One child.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 04:26:09 pm »

Yeah, still one my all-time favorite movie series.  The last one was such a letdown - I actually enjoyed the first half quite a bit, then the bottom fell out. Piss poor ending.

That's what made it so bad for me. I read all the negative reviews. Even forgave the atomic bomb/refrigerator bull shiet. But found myself really enjoying the movie. Then Shia La Beowulf started swinging on those damn vines and the rest was unwatchable crap.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 04:35:57 pm »

That's what made it so bad for me. I read all the negative reviews. Even forgave the atomic bomb/refrigerator bull shiet. But found myself really enjoying the movie. Then Shia La Beowulf started swinging on those damn vines and the rest was unwatchable crap.

Shia LaBeowulf  -  funny "stuff"   :D
Jon H.

Offline brewmichigan

• Brewer
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 07:19:27 am »
I saw it with my wife this weekend. Other than no story behind the whole movie, it was a great movie. The effects were awesome and I thought it was the best use of 3D that I have seen yet. It almost made my wife sick with all the hurling through space stuff.

The best part was as we were leaving, we overheard and older lady talking to her husband saying that she never wants to go to space now. Like it was every a real option  ;D
Mike --- Flint, Michigan

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 07:47:25 am »
The best part was as we were leaving, we overheard and older lady talking to her husband saying that she never wants to go to space now. Like it was every a real option  ;D

Not so far-fetched.  Who knows?  Maybe she's friends with Lady Gaga...

http://www.space.com/16057-virgin-galactic-spaceshiptwo-launches-2013.html

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/lady-gaga-confirms-im-going-to-be-the-first-recording-artist-to-sing-in-space-20131111
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline brewmichigan

• Brewer
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 07:59:07 am »

Not so far-fetched.  Who knows?  Maybe she's friends with Lady Gaga...

http://www.space.com/16057-virgin-galactic-spaceshiptwo-launches-2013.html

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/lady-gaga-confirms-im-going-to-be-the-first-recording-artist-to-sing-in-space-20131111

Space is the perfect place for Lady Gaga to perform. No air to carry that voice.  :P
Mike --- Flint, Michigan

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2013, 09:50:26 am »
The Weaze gives Gravity two snaps in Z formation.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.