General Category > Going Pro

Clean kegs

(1/8) > >>

boulderbrewer:
While cleaning 60 kegs yesterday, I had a question. Do you store your kegs cleaned and sanitized under pressure ready for use or do you clean and sanitize for immediate filling?

yso191:
I only have 3 kegs: 2 for the kegerator and 1 for cold conditioning.  So most of the time the answer would be 'yes.'  I usually end up cleaning 2, one for immediate filling and the other is ready for the next batch, cleaned, sanitized and under CO2 pressure.

denny:
I store my kegs cleaned and pressurized.  If there's no pressure when I go to use them, I know there's a leak.  I sanitize right before use.

HoosierBrew:

--- Quote from: denny on November 21, 2013, 09:39:37 AM ---I store my kegs cleaned and pressurized.  If there's no pressure when I go to use them, I know there's a leak.  I sanitize right before use.

--- End quote ---

+1.  Same here.

thebigbaker:

--- Quote from: denny on November 21, 2013, 09:39:37 AM ---I store my kegs cleaned and pressurized.  If there's no pressure when I go to use them, I know there's a leak.  I sanitize right before use.

--- End quote ---

That's a great idea!  I've been storing them clean, but w/ not pressure.  Will now start storing w/ a little pressure after cleaning. 

One thought, could you leave some star san solution (1gal?) in the keg and store w/ a little pressure.  Then when you are ready to use it, just slosh around the star san, dump then transfer beer into the keg? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version