Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brewhemoth Sale  (Read 1981 times)

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
Brewhemoth Sale
« on: November 25, 2013, 02:33:11 pm »
Just got an email about a Black Friday sale on these fermentors, 25% off.  These are the cadillac of conicals, I have the triclover version with the pressurizer and a spunding valve.  My beer never sees air after its fermented.  I think they are the only conical that you can completely carbonate your beer in if you want.  I typically run my spunding valve to 15psi towards the end of fermentation, and push the beer to kegs with pressure then finish carbonating.

Not affiliated, just a big fan of the technology.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Brewhemoth Sale
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 02:44:59 pm »
Yeah seems like a pretty good deal.  A note on the 25% off though is it's only on purchases of $600 or more.

I got my hands on one awhile back.  I wasn't very impressed with the welds on it.  They were black and rough.  I was not filled with confidence on it.  I did think the fact it' was pressurizable was a huge selling point though.
BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
Cicerone Certified Beer Server
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 02:45:57 pm »
If I had known about those before I bought my conical I would have bought one of them.
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 03:07:09 pm »
The conicals are over $600 so I assumed the discount would apply.  They don't sell too much else, although I'd definitely get the spunding valve attachment.  Its what I use to do pressurized fermentations.

The welds on mine look OK, nothing about them seems to have caused any issues.  I've made probably twenty batches in it since I've owned it.  I put together a little CIP system and that works slick to clean things up between batches.  I just made a temp-controlled fermentation chamber for it.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 06:01:55 pm »
Yeah I just thought I would mention it in case someone that already owns one wanted to get an acssesory for it.... Which wouldn't be eligible for the discount.
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 08:29:53 am »
I couldn't stand it, am ordering a triclover Brewhemoth to go with the one I already have.  intending to use it as a bright tank and/or a second fermentor.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 10:00:26 am »
It might also be worth mentioning that they sell kettles... if you got 2-3 it would be eligible for the discount.
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 12:09:26 pm »
This would have been a great Christmas present to myself except I had to replace our garage door yesterday.

Hopefully, they do it again sometime when I'm in the market for something this big.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 12:52:28 pm »
I did look at the kettles, they have a 25gal model with a trimetal sandwich bottom thta I wouldn't mind having.  But I'm getting along pretty good so far with my 20gal Bayou.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO