Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Dealing With Non-Homebrewers  (Read 13797 times)

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
Re: Dealing With Non-Homebrewers
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2013, 02:05:51 pm »
Funny how this works. Imagine if you were a cattle farmer. Would you be always be expected to bring the brisket?
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2013, 02:09:59 pm »
Funny how this works. Imagine if you were a cattle farmer. Would you be always be expected to bring the brisket?
Interesting analogy.  My uncle IS a cattle rancher.  And, he brings plenty of beef for our annual family reunion. 

hmmmmmm.

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2013, 02:46:31 pm »
I, too, have an open fridge policy. I don't mind bringing home brew, and home made wine, to parties and special occasions. If someone takes advantage, it reveals to me a lot about them.

Every man according as he purposes in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loves a cheerful giver.  II Corinthians 9:7

I have used this verse for my view of life, generally (I like a lot of St. Paul's works).  It boils down to 5 words: Serve with a glad heart.  I repeat that to others who begrudgingly volunteer time, then gripe while helping.

So, now I have the perfect analogy for my garage brewhaus:  "Brew with a glad heart".  Thanks for tipping me to that phrase!  I think I'm gonna look into doing a t-shirt with that on it.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"