Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: How was the weekend?!  (Read 3757 times)

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
Re: How was the weekend?!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 02:10:39 pm »
We had our housewarming party over the weekend with the brand new basement bar.

20 people blew through 3 full kegs and nearly finished 2 other kegs. I also no longer feel crazy for wanting to brew 12-14 kegs for a 150 person wedding.  8)
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline ibru

• Assistant Brewer
  • Brew Day is My Day!
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 02:24:15 pm »
Nothing beer wise other than consuming a few. Barbecued ribs and pulled pork for a local winery for Spring Barrel Tasting Saturday and Sunday.

Offline snowtiger87

• Brewer
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 04:29:38 pm »
Cleaned and sanitized 5 kegs on Saturday and got the brewery ready for brewing. On Sunday I brewed 10 gallons of Oktoberfest (actually 5 will become Vienna Lager), cleaned out the lagering fridge and kegged my latest IIPA and Double Bastard clone.

I did get around to cleaning the lines in the kegerator or bottling 2 beers that need it (McChouffe clone and Belgian Double Bastard).  :(
Brewing since 1989 - BJCP National Rank
Member of KROC and Foam on the Range

Fermenting: Double IPA
Conditioning: Saison du Potiron
On tap: Cider, Cream Ale, Bock, Rye Dunkel Doppelbock, Celebration Clone, Imperial Stout

Offline HobsonDrake

• Assistant Brewer
  • Beaverton, OR
    • Brew Batch List
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 05:46:12 pm »
Had a good time at the AHA Rally in Portland.

Had my name picked for one of the raffles. Lifetime supply of bottle caps. I guess I may have to break down and find (buy) more bottles.  :)

John

Were you the John I was talking to yesterday?  Nice to meet a forum member!  Also had a chance to meet Pinski at the rally.

Yes, it was I that bent your ear for a time. It was a pleasure to meet you in person. Look forward to your book.

Thanks for the advice on water. I will let you know how it turns out.
Check out my brew history and recipes at http://www.hobsondrake.com/BrewList.html

John D.

Offline el_capitan

• Brewer
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 06:41:01 pm »
Saturday I went fishing and caught my limit (5) of rainbow trout between 2-3 lbs. in size a piece.  I filleted them up and smoked them over alder Sunday.

Wow, I'm jealous!!  I love trout fishing.  Here in MN there aren't too many opportunities.  We do have a few spots but they're all stocked and just not very big. 

I built a cold frame which turned out really well.  I kept finding exactly what I needed - for instance I needed to cut some boards to 33 1/8 inches, and I found 3 that were exactly the right size.  Weird.  I also bottled up two batches of Scottish 70 and spent some quality time with the kids.  Good times. 

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 06:46:39 pm »
Saturday I went fishing and caught my limit (5) of rainbow trout between 2-3 lbs. in size a piece.  I filleted them up and smoked them over alder Sunday.

Man, that smoked trout sounds amazing !  Love smoked fish (and bbq, for that matter).
Jon H.

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 07:40:57 pm »
Saturday was water and Sunday fire. On Saturday it was raining in the morning so we went to the farmer's co-op for garden supplies. Then played in the mud all afternoon in the garden. Bottled a DIPA with tequila added in the evening. Since the tequila was open came up with a really good marguerita recipe imo. Sunday I burned tons of brush ( literally, I think) and fired up the outdoor wood oven for the first time this season and made pizza and bread.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2014, 05:01:05 pm »
Construction at the house is finally done except for blowing some insulation into the attic tomorrow, spent the entire weekend juggling travel soccer games and finally putting my house back together. I'm exhausted!

Now I can finally get back to scheduling some brewing and getting the pipeline going again:)
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 09:05:09 am »
Saturday was water and Sunday fire. On Saturday it was raining in the morning so we went to the farmer's co-op for garden supplies. Then played in the mud all afternoon in the garden. Bottled a DIPA with tequila added in the evening. Since the tequila was open came up with a really good marguerita recipe imo. Sunday I burned tons of brush ( literally, I think) and fired up the outdoor wood oven for the first time this season and made pizza and bread.
Outdoor wood oven sounds excellent!  My latest hobby is breadmaking, I am going to GIMF up a nice outdoor oven design.  I have lots of seasoned firewood, this can help me use some fo that up and keep the heat out of baking out of the house.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO