Author Topic: NHC  (Read 17639 times)

Offline james

• Brewer
    • View Profile
Re: NHC
« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2014, 12:01:11 PM »
The registration and payment went off without a hitch for me.  The only issue I am noticing is where I choose where I want to judge.  I don't want to judge in Chicago (where my entries are going) I want to judge in Zainsville... How can I register to do that?  The form only lists the Chicago judging sessions.  Thanks.

I recall reading something about this before.  After the entry deadline is closed I believe you will be able to sign up on your chosen site as a judge/steward.  I'm in the same boat as you, entering Sacramento but will judge in Seattle

Offline Janis

• AHA Project Coordinator/NHC Director
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
  • Which came first, the pelican or the beer?
    • View Profile
    • American Homebrewers Association
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2014, 12:33:02 PM »
The registration and payment went off without a hitch for me.  The only issue I am noticing is where I choose where I want to judge.  I don't want to judge in Chicago (where my entries are going) I want to judge in Zainsville... How can I register to do that?  The form only lists the Chicago judging sessions.  Thanks.

I recall reading something about this before.  After the entry deadline is closed I believe you will be able to sign up on your chosen site as a judge/steward.  I'm in the same boat as you, entering Sacramento but will judge in Seattle
Hi James & DKFick,

Thanks for volunteering!  Although you currently cannot enter in one competition and volunteer to judge or steward in another, or volunteer to judge/steward in multiple competitions, we are working on a solution.  For now, please focus on the tasks at hand, and we'll post and send out an e-mail when we have a solution.  Thanks!

Cheers,
Janis
Janis Gross
National Homebrew Competition Director
AHA Project Coordinator
janis@brewersassociation.org

Offline linenoiz

• Cellarman
  • West Valley City, UT
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2014, 12:42:08 PM »
I'm unable to pay for my entries. The site is giving me an error when I try to submit my payment:

SQLSTATE: 22001
code: 8152
message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]String or binary data would be truncated.
SQLSTATE: 01000
code: 3621
message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]The statement has been terminated.

Offline theDarkSide

• Brewmaster General
  • Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2014, 12:43:43 PM »
I'm unable to pay for my entries. The site is giving me an error when I try to submit my payment:

message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]String or binary data would be truncated.
message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]The statement has been terminated.

Are you using Internet Explorer?  I had a similar error message when entering my registration for entries, then I switched to Firefox and everything was fine.
Sergeant - BNArmy Member
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline linenoiz

• Cellarman
  • West Valley City, UT
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2014, 12:55:23 PM »

Are you using Internet Explorer?  I had a similar error message when entering my registration for entries, then I switched to Firefox and everything was fine.
I've tried with Chrome as well as IE, but got the same error in both. I'll try again when I get home and have access to Firefox.

Offline theDarkSide

• Brewmaster General
  • Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2014, 12:59:44 PM »
Janis,

Are the emails staggered alphabetically, by region, or some other random method?  I'm finding myself constantly clicking the "Send and Receive" button because I figure you must be near the "M"'s   ;D

Thanks.
Sergeant - BNArmy Member
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo

Offline Janis

• Administrator
  • Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2014, 01:37:54 PM »

Hi LineNoiz,

It should state that we only accept Visa, Master Card, and American Express.  If you are trying to pay with a card other than these three types, this is likely your problem.

Good luck in the competition!

Cheers,
Janis
Janis Gross
AHA Project Coordinator

Offline Janis

• Administrator
  • Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2014, 01:42:47 PM »
Janis,

Are the emails staggered alphabetically, by region, or some other random method?  I'm finding myself constantly clicking the "Send and Receive" button because I figure you must be near the "M"'s   ;D

Thanks.
Bwahahahahahahahaha, that's a good one! 

No, not alphabetically.  We are picking a competition from each time zone every 1 or 2 hours.  What we don't want to happen is to have everyone trying to log in immediately after work hours.  FYI, there will be 3 to 5 competitions-worth of entrants notified tonight and tomorrow too.  There are only so many hours in a day.....

Cheers,
Janis
Janis Gross
AHA Project Coordinator

Offline Steve in TX

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2014, 01:51:36 PM »
Janis,

What happens if I decide to submit less entries? I planned on four, but life happened. I guess I still have a bit of time to throw a few batches together.

Offline Janis

• Administrator
  • Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2014, 01:56:46 PM »
Janis,

What happens if I decide to submit less entries? I planned on four, but life happened. I guess I still have a bit of time to throw a few batches together.
Hi Steve,

If you asked for 4, 5, or 6, and were granted 4, then you must pay for the four entries.  Hopefully you can send four to the competition.  Good luck!

Cheers,
Janis
Janis Gross
AHA Project Coordinator

Offline linenoiz

• Cellarman
  • West Valley City, UT
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2014, 02:45:02 PM »

Hi LineNoiz,

It should state that we only accept Visa, Master Card, and American Express.  If you are trying to pay with a card other than these three types, this is likely your problem.

Good luck in the competition!

Cheers,
Janis
Ah, yup. That'd do it. It was a Dsicover card I was trying. Thanks, Janis.

Offline theDarkSide

• Brewmaster General
  • Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2014, 05:54:28 PM »
4 entries in Philly bought and paid for....glad I didn't stress out about it all day long!  ::)
Sergeant - BNArmy Member
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo

Offline Steve in TX

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2014, 06:44:15 PM »

Janis,

Hi Steve,

If you asked for 4, 5, or 6, and were granted 4, then you must pay for the four entries.  Hopefully you can send four to the competition.  Good luck!

Cheers,
Janis

Thanks. I was planning on sending four and have two that good to go. I'm sure I'll get four in.

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2014, 07:01:23 PM »
4 entries in Philly bought and paid for....glad I didn't stress out about it all day long!  ::)

Apparently your alphabetical theory is out... I'm M too lol
Frank

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Milford, MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2014, 07:05:29 PM »

Apparently your alphabetical theory is out... I'm M too lol
Janis said it was going out by judging site, and one at a time per time zone. Got 4 for Zanesville, so I am happy. Now the thing is, which 4 go?
Jeff Rankert
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild, AHA Member, BJCP Certified
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!