General Category > Beer Travel

THE ULTIMATE BEER TOUR ITINERARY

<< < (3/3)

nateo:
I'm taking my touring bike, and hope to take a few long weekends riding around visiting breweries. It's amazing how small everything is in Europe. I can't wait.

theoman:

--- Quote from: nateo on January 23, 2014, 07:23:01 AM ---I'm taking my touring bike, and hope to take a few long weekends riding around visiting breweries. It's amazing how small everything is in Europe. I can't wait.

--- End quote ---

Fantastic! Wow, how long are you going to be on The Continent?

West Flanders is great for biking, and you gotta hit De Dolle Brouwers. It's one of my favorite tours as long as long as the brewer's 95+ year-old mother is still guiding them. She's a hoot.

Closer to me (I'm in Tervuren) is the new-ish De Kroon brewery (http://www.brouwerijdekroon.be/en). It's on the rural bike routes and is probably best visited by bike. You won't be the only one. The beer is decent, but it's the brewing kit that's really drool-worthy.

nateo:

--- Quote from: theoman on January 23, 2014, 07:44:13 AM ---Fantastic! Wow, how long are you going to be on The Continent?
--- End quote ---

I'll be in Aachen from the end of February to the end of July. After that, I've got a couple job leads in Munich. So, at least 6 months, maybe indefinitely.

--- Quote from: theoman on January 23, 2014, 07:44:13 AM ---West Flanders is great for biking, and you gotta hit De Dolle Brouwers. It's one of my favorite tours as long as long as the brewer's 95+ year-old mother is still guiding them. She's a hoot.

Closer to me (I'm in Tervuren) is the new-ish De Kroon brewery (http://www.brouwerijdekroon.be/en). It's on the rural bike routes and is probably best visited by bike. You won't be the only one. The beer is decent, but it's the brewing kit that's really drool-worthy.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm sure I'll hit you up for more advice once I get over there and settled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version