Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Haze in carboy  (Read 3371 times)

Offline Delo

• Brewer
Re: Haze in carboy
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 01:18:57 pm »
I was gifted three nasty carboys and after cleaning them, they still had some kind of haze. After I soaked them in Starsan for a few days, they looked brand new.  Soaking doesnt really take any effort, so I would try it.  If you dont want to use taht you can try vinegar. 
Mark

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 02:27:39 pm »
I was gifted three nasty carboys and after cleaning them, they still had some kind of haze. After I soaked them in Starsan for a few days, they looked brand new.  Soaking doesnt really take any effort, so I would try it.  If you dont want to use taht you can try vinegar. 
Righteous. Nice avatar, by the way. That was one of my favorite albums as a kid.
Jesse

Offline Delo

• Brewer
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 12:15:27 pm »
Nice avatar, by the way. That was one of my favorite albums as a kid.
Thanks. Was one of mine favorites too. I actually made it for a label for the beer I brewed for the birth of our daughter. Not too many people knew it. Some thought it was actually her. Beer Birth??:o
Good luck. The haze would bother me too.
Mark

Offline HydraulicSammich

• Assistant Brewer
  • Logan, UT
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2013, 12:20:51 pm »
I always noticed a haze, so to speak, on the inside of my kegs when letting Oxiclean stand in them too long.  I can't say there was taste or flavor problem.  I just didn't like it.  So, when cleaning my kegs with it still, I never let it sit for any appreciable time.
AHA Member 900001775