Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 567 times)

Offline John M

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2024, 10:15:42 am »
That Cadillacs, Teslas and BMWs don't come with turn signals.

You would think... ::)

YES!! Also jacked up trucks...
Don't judge a beer by it's cover.

BJCP "Recognized" - Aspiring to Certified
Ohio Valley Homebrewers Association
Favorite Styles- German Lagers & Ales, Belgians of all kinds, Adjunct Stouts, SHV Beers, Barleywines/Old Ales

Offline Richard

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2024, 12:18:45 pm »
Not sure why my post did not show, so I will give it one more try. 

My pet peeve is more sports related.  It absolutely drives me up a wall when talking to somebody or reading somebody post saying "we" when talking about their favorite sports team.  I usually respond with, let me go take a look at the roster and see if your name is on it.  LOL.  I then say "them" or "they" as to say you are not part of the team, but simply a fan with absolutely no input on anything team related.  LOL.  Most get mad and walk away, but it is one of many of my pet peeves.  LOL
I am seriously annoyed by sportscasters who say everything in the present tense.
Original Gravity - that would be Newton's

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2024, 02:05:37 pm »
How about sports fans who think they could make better GMs? They always think they could trade their team's bad players and get other team's good players in return.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2024, 03:48:24 pm »
How about sports fans who think they could make better GMs? They always think they could trade their team's bad players and get other team's good players in return.

That's how a Browns fan has to be!! They pretty much trade QB's like no one else and then fail miserably!! LOL! Die Hard Browns fan because I love a great loser.

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2024, 06:29:09 pm »

That's how a Browns fan has to be!! They pretty much trade QB's like no one else and then fail miserably!! LOL! Die Hard Browns fan because I love a great loser.

Thank you for saying "they"  LOL. 

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2024, 02:53:33 am »
I was about to say "littering" but I actually believe littering is too grave a sin to be considered merely a pet peeve. So I will say engineers who think they know it all. Which pretty much includes all engineers, most of whom don't know very much except about their specific field of engineering.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2024, 01:33:08 pm »
People on social media who post pictures of beer in dirty glasses (clinging bubble/nucleation points)--I cringe every time and have a hard time resisting pointing it out.

Offline John M

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2024, 03:47:25 pm »
Passing lane "cruisers".. Some people just have it in their head that they belong in the left lane. Then you have the few who are driving correctly, and you can't pass in the right lane either!  :-X
Don't judge a beer by it's cover.

BJCP "Recognized" - Aspiring to Certified
Ohio Valley Homebrewers Association
Favorite Styles- German Lagers & Ales, Belgians of all kinds, Adjunct Stouts, SHV Beers, Barleywines/Old Ales

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2024, 11:19:09 am »

The only difference between those cars and porcupines is that with porcupines the pricks are on the outside.

That joke is so old.

I drive one of the brands listed above, and I use my turn signals.

Edit.

A very old joke. "If you lined up all the cars in the world, someone in a VW would pull out to pass". This was back when most VWs were the original Beetle, which didn't have much horsepower.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 11:26:26 am by hopfenundmalz »
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2024, 01:01:55 pm »

The only difference between those cars and porcupines is that with porcupines the pricks are on the outside.

That joke is so old.

Edit.

A very old joke. "If you lined up all the cars in the world, someone in a VW would pull out to pass". This was back when most VWs were the original Beetle, which didn't have much horsepower.

You have to remember, old timers, that old jokes are new to young people.  ;) ;D

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2024, 01:45:46 pm »

That joke is so old.

Edit.

You have to remember, old timers, that old jokes are new to young people.  ;) ;D

Once you get to be my age, your memory is so bad that they're new to me, too!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell