Author Topic: Whiskey  (Read 81866 times)

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
Re: Whiskey
« Reply #1110 on: July 20, 2019, 12:26:20 PM »
Fred Minnick tweeted this week:
CONFIRMED: Heaven Hill is discontinuing age statement for Virgin 7 yr 101 bourbon, mostly distributed in North Carolina. They need aged stocks for Elijah, McKenna and barrel proof products, company said. Another regional age stated product, HH Green label, is staying, they said.
https://twitter.com/FredMinnick/status/1151492895419117573

Some stores are already receiving no age statement bottles of Virgin Bourbon. Time to stock up on the aged product!!!
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #1111 on: July 24, 2019, 04:14:25 PM »
Finished off a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch Select which was nice, but for me needed a bit more complexity to make it worth the price of admission.

Offline narvin

• Brewmaster General
  • Baltimore
« Reply #1112 on: August 08, 2019, 05:53:07 PM »
Finished off a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch Select which was nice, but for me needed a bit more complexity to make it worth the price of admission.

Have you had the barrel strength?  I had one with the high rye mashbill and it was enjoyable.
Please do not reply if your[sic] an evil alien!
Thanks

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #1113 on: August 23, 2019, 12:22:30 PM »
Yes, I've had a few variants of the Barrel Strength 4 Roses. All have been delicious.

Finished off Pikesville Rye which is a Heaven Hill product. At 50 beans it's a bit pricey, but quite delicious.

Offline narvin

• Brewmaster General
  • Baltimore
« Reply #1114 on: August 23, 2019, 03:54:15 PM »
Yes, I've had a few variants of the Barrel Strength 4 Roses. All have been delicious.

Finished off Pikesville Rye which is a Heaven Hill product. At 50 beans it's a bit pricey, but quite delicious.

You know, I still haven't tried that.  I need to grab a bottle sometime.  They made some waves around here when they discontinued the cheap stuff which was an institution, but that was really only good for mixing.
Please do not reply if your[sic] an evil alien!
Thanks

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #1115 on: September 12, 2019, 11:44:48 PM »
Finished off a Shackleton Blended Malt Scotch Whisky which was quite nice. I still prefer Monkey Shoulder. Shackleton is tasty, but not complex.