Author Topic: Whiskey  (Read 145227 times)

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
Re: Whiskey
« Reply #1335 on: April 16, 2022, 11:57:44 am »
I had it 7 years ago and it was 25 bucks. It was good when I had it, but not 40 buck good.

Opened up an Ardbeg Wee Beastie. It's a 5 year old Islay Scotch for 45 bucks. First glass was pure ashtray. Hit it again the next day and found it delicious. Hit it last night and it was again delicious. Still smoky, but not like licking an ashtray. Might make this my house peaty scotch.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #1336 on: April 19, 2022, 08:30:55 am »
I had it 7 years ago and it was 25 bucks. It was good when I had it, but not 40 buck good.

Opened up an Ardbeg Wee Beastie. It's a 5 year old Islay Scotch for 45 bucks. First glass was pure ashtray. Hit it again the next day and found it delicious. Hit it last night and it was again delicious. Still smoky, but not like licking an ashtray. Might make this my house peaty scotch.
I'm a big fan of the younger scotches that some of the distilleries have been putting out recently. Less oak and tannin, more peat/smoke. The Wee Beastie is awesome, and the Lagavulin 8 is even better IMO.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #1337 on: May 11, 2022, 08:49:57 am »
Finished off a Clyde May's Single Barrel pick last night. It was 102 proof and cost about 50 bucks. The juice was from MGP, but was produced for Clyde May's using Clyde's recipe. It came in a little alcoholic, but was nice and complex. I wouldn't hesitate to get another CM single barrel pick as it was quite tasty.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!