Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Hop Burst IP.....L  (Read 1430 times)

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
Hop Burst IP.....L
« on: December 15, 2013, 04:09:37 pm »
So I thought I would try something a little different.  Made an IPL today with 7oz of hops added at 2 minutes and left in for about 15 minutes while cooling.  Trying to use up some Chinook so went with 3oz and one oz each of Calypso, Citra, Amarillo and Simcoe.  Will probably dry hop with about the same.

I just hope it doesn't suck..... :-\

Dave
Dave Zach

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
Re: Hop Burst IP.....L
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 04:53:43 pm »
So I thought I would try something a little different.  Made an IPL today with 7oz of hops added at 2 minutes and left in for about 15 minutes while cooling.  Trying to use up some Chinook so went with 3oz and one oz each of Calypso, Citra, Amarillo and Simcoe.  Will probably dry hop with about the same.

Dave

What makes you think it would suck? Sounds great to me.
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 04:56:59 pm »

Dave

+1 to that. A couple really piney hops, some citrusy, fruity hops - good combo. I've made IPLs with IPA hops, and IPLs with large amounts of European lager hops. Liked both. I think you'll like it !
Jon H.

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 05:18:41 pm »

Dave

Just the usual trepidation about doing something for the first time.  It sure looks good on paper though!
Dave Zach

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 02:31:20 am »
An "IPL" is just an IPA brewed with a lager yeast. It makes good beer. You're going to like it.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer