Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New website format  (Read 1543 times)

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
New website format
« on: December 18, 2013, 03:08:32 pm »
The new format on the main site looks cool. But I miss the longer list of most recent posts the old site had.
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
Re: New website format
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 03:56:50 pm »
The new format on the main site looks cool. But I miss the longer list of most recent posts the old site had.

this. exactly.  in fact my main complaint with the old format is that it had the most recent posts and not the most recent topics.  (out of ten posts 5-6 would be all on one topic)  i like this new one with recent topics i would like to see like the ten most recent topics
Don AHA member

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 04:07:22 pm »
I'm pleased as punch that the AHA bottlecap logo has been moved down and away from the Unread Replies hot spots up on the top left of the forum pages.  As often as not in the old layout I would end up clicking on the logo instead of the Replies link, especially when using my iPad.   ;)
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline kramerog

• Brewmaster General
    • My LinkedIn page
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 08:42:20 pm »
I hadn't recognized the difference between posts and topics.   Topics is better, but it'll take getting used to now that I'm used to a list of posts.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 08:59:52 pm »
I'm pleased as punch that the AHA bottlecap logo has been moved down and away from the Unread Replies hot spots up on the top left of the forum pages.  As often as not in the old layout I would end up clicking on the logo instead of the Replies link, especially when using my iPad.   ;)

Me too. I whined about that for a long time. Think the wonky behavior in chrome is operator error... ::)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline kgs

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 11:06:18 pm »
The best part about the redesign (which is overall very nice) is that after logging in, I see that my membership renewal is now not up until 2070! Awesome! (I did write membership... I suspect a bug...though if I do live to 113, I'd love to be getting my brew on then. Wonder what homebrewing will look like in 2070?)