General Category > Ingredients

Bravo Hops

(1/2) > >>

goschman:
Anyone have an experience and impressions using Bravo hops? It seems like it could be good for bittering, flavor, and aroma.

yso191:
Yes, I've come to use Bravo in my last couple of IPAs.  I decided to try it when I was so impressed with 10 Barrel Brewing's (Bend, OR) IPA, that I called them and asked what bittering hop they used.

The thing I like about it is that it produces a clean and focused bitterness vs. broad and muddled.

I highly recommend giving it a whirl!

blatz:

--- Quote from: goschman on December 18, 2013, 10:22:58 AM ---Anyone have an experience and impressions using Bravo hops? It seems like it could be good for bittering, flavor, and aroma.

--- End quote ---

I made a few all Bravo beers when they first were offered by hopsdirect (2007?).  some folks in my club liked the Bravo amber, but I found it to be more earthy and spicy than citrusy or fruity.  very oily hop if i remember correctly.

I like Bravo as a bittering hop, and perhaps in the right combination with other more dominant hops it'd be right in the background, but i didn't like it as a standalone.

goschman:
Thanks guys.

I just used it in a pale ale for a FWH addition as well as split the dry hop addition with Simcoe. I am not the best at picking out which hop is which so I was just looking for some basic impressions. With Cascade, Centennial, and Amarillo in there as well the hop profile might be a little muddled for me to make any hard conclusions about Bravo...

yso191:
I should have said in my previous post: I have only used it for bittering, never for late additions or dry-hopping.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version