Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Best Online/Mailorder Homebrew Supply Shop  (Read 18938 times)

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
Re: Best Online/Mailorder Homebrew Supply Shop
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 05:41:18 am »
i like the morebeer.com.

i am looking around for low shipping or local grain

someone has to try the packing peanut brew, and if it has to be me..... well if you don't see me post in a while, don't try it yourself.
Don AHA member

Offline karlh

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 03:24:19 pm »
i like the morebeer.com.

i am looking around for low shipping or local grain

someone has to try the packing peanut brew, and if it has to be me..... well if you don't see me post in a while, don't try it yourself.
For "local" grain in the greater chicago area, you can fax orders in to mid country malt and the prices (for whole sacks of grain) are very reasonable (around $35 for 55# of Maris Otter the last time I bought some).  They are located on the South side of Chicago.  Our club had made bulk orders and picked up at mid country malt's dock.  That said, you can also support your LHBS.  I believe there is one in St. Charles which is a bit closer to you, and they sell a wide variety of grains. 

Karl
Mundelein, IL  USA

Offline propagator

• 1st Kit
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2010, 08:23:56 pm »
 I'm in the southeast part of the country so I try and use someone close for supplies. I use Brewmaster's Warehouse,
 online "Brewbuilder" for recipe formulation is not only fun but, educational as well. Flat rate   
 shipping. They are very easy to work with and have a customer relation attitude. Google shopping helps in buying equipment with least expensive prices.