Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Big Brew day 5/3/2014 scaling up regal pale ale  (Read 1688 times)

Offline beerofhrod

• 1st Kit
Big Brew day 5/3/2014 scaling up regal pale ale
« on: March 09, 2014, 04:23:51 pm »
Hello I want to participate in the big brew for national homebrew day in may as it happens to land on my birthday and I have invited a good number of my friends to brew a beer with me. I found a brewpub that offers brew on site events and want to use the regal pale ale recipe that day. When you brew on site you make a 1/2 barrel which is 15 gallons-a standard keg sized batch on thier equipment with ingredients/recipes they provide or you can make a custom recipe.

Can I just hand them the 5 gallon recipe (regal pale ale) for extract or all grain and ask to triple all the ingredients for a 15 gallon batch or is there some calculation I need to do on brewing software?

If I choose to go all grain how much time should I set aside for this event. It'll be my first time trying AG but I have read and watched a lot of youtube videos on the process.

Thanks for the help. here is a link to the recipe page http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/aha-events/national-homebrew-day/

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Big Brew day 5/3/2014 scaling up regal pale ale
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 05:36:39 pm »
I would call and ask if they can scale it. They know what sort of losses their system gives. Otherwise, tripling will get you close.