Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Cooler for bottles  (Read 2192 times)

Offline scott

• Cellarman
Cooler for bottles
« on: June 02, 2014, 08:56:42 am »
I'm looking for recommendations for a cooler that holds standard 12 oz bottles.  I'd like to bring some of my beer camping and need a cooler to keep it cold.  I was looking at this Coleman 18-quart stacker, it is supposed to hold 12 bottles plus ice:
http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-18-Quart-Party-Stacker-Cooler/dp/B002BM712U/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1401720442&sr=1-1&keywords=coleman+18-quart+party+stacker+cooler

Any thoughts on this or do you have another favorite cooler?
Scott

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Cooler for bottles
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 02:05:02 pm »
I'd prefer something collapsible and stowable. Less weight packing it back out. A search on amazon shows a lot of choices.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 03:20:05 pm »
Euge is right if camping means hiking into a campsite and having to carry everything on your back.  If you are camping on a site that you drive up to, park and unload the truck then that cooler should work fine.

I tend to camp in newer hotels with family suites so the hard side cooler would work great!   ;D

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 04:13:24 pm »
For car camping I'd prefer hard sides since they are usually better insulated and don't leek.

I wish I could see a picture of that with bottles in it. I'd just want to make sure that it held 12 bottles upright, not on their sides.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 05:15:29 pm »

For car camping I'd prefer hard sides since they are usually better insulated and don't leek.

I wish I could see a picture of that with bottles in it. I'd just want to make sure that it held 12 bottles upright, not on their sides.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Details state that it can hold two 2 liters soda bottles upright, so I imagine it can hold at least a portion of a 12 pack upright.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 05:44:38 pm »
My idea of camping is staying at La Quinta. ;)

If motel surfing then I can say a collapsible with wheels works well and IMO- preferred.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 08:22:29 pm »
My idea of camping is staying at La Quinta. ;)

If motel surfing then I can say a collapsible with wheels works well and IMO- preferred.

No, it should be Best Western. HARLEY friendly they are, and most of them give you nice big shamee towels to clean your wind shield with. I have a collection.  I dont know how to spell shamee, maybe its with an umlaut?  But anyway... (great Blues Traveler song)

I'd recomend a 15 gallon Yeti cooler. If you dont like it, I'll buy it from you for $100.