Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bale Breaker Brewing- Top Cropper IPA  (Read 2310 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Bale Breaker Brewing- Top Cropper IPA
« on: December 06, 2013, 03:09:37 pm »
My first swing at a canned crafter. Tasty beer for $1.60 a can. Light color, full body, lots of fresh hop aroma.
My regional favs are Elysian Valhalla and Double Mountain Hop Lava. Guess I'm more impressed by darker hop crazy IPAs but this one would be good in a cooler on a summer BBQ day.

Offline troybinso

• Brewer
Re: Bale Breaker Brewing- Top Cropper IPA
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 03:57:37 pm »
I am loving the Bale Breaker stuff. I prefer the Field 41 pale ale to the IPA, but they are both really good. Massive hop aroma and flavor.

Offline james

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 04:25:16 pm »
I also prefer Field 41 pale ale but I enjoy all of their offerings.  I took a couple of Sixer's out to NHC in Philly and shared them with some people (Stan Hieronymous included)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 04:26:30 pm »
I'll try that next

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 05:20:21 pm »
Their Field 41 Pale Ale made Draft Magazine's top 25 beers of 2013:
http://draftmag.com/features/the-top-25-beers-of-the-year-2013/

I prefer the IPA, my wife the pale ale.  They did a really good Rye IPA last Summer called Bubba's Brew.  Really nice people own/run the brewery to boot.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 05:51:03 pm »
It's been done in previous threads, but the cans are a pretty viable, maybe superior option IMO.  I'm not a brewery owner, so I'll leave it up to Keith, Leos and others to answer to the financial advantages/disadvantages (production, transportation,green,etc.), but from a beer quality viewpoint, I love it.
Pretty much no oxidation, from cap or sunlight. And I always pour a craft beer into a glass anyway, so a fresher tasting beer is always a good thing. It's happening more and more now. I'm starting to see canned craft beer as a great thing.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 08:40:51 pm by HoosierBrew »
Jon H.

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 10:01:45 am »
It's been done in previous threads, but the cans are a pretty viable, maybe superior option IMO.  I'm not a brewery owner, so I'll leave it up to Keith, Leos and others to answer to the financial advantages/disadvantages (production, transportation,green,etc.), but from a beer quality viewpoint, I love it.
Pretty much no oxidation, from cap or sunlight. And I always pour a craft beer into a glass anyway, so a fresher tasting beer is always a good thing. It's happening more and more now. I'm starting to see canned craft beer as a great thing.

I'm with ya on the cans, I think they are a great thing.  My standard go to beer is Long Hammer IPA from Red Hook.  Nothing special, but a good solid IPA.  The strange thing is a 1/2 rack of bottles is usually around $14.  Whereas a 6-pack of cans is north of $8.  I'm unsure why the difference, but for now, I buy the bottles, even though I'd rather have the cans.