I normally don't get hangovers but sometimes when I do I find just pushing on with some beers in the late morning and drinking all day is always the best cure. The next day, for some reason, the hangover is always much milder and usually something much easier to deal with.
As far as my genuine "southerness" here's a couple a few of things to consider.
1) I grew up in central PA and everyone knows PA is Pittsburgh on the left, Philadelphia on the right and Alabama in the middle.
2) Even though I didn't move south until I was 22 my parents were both raised in Memphis and I spent many summers there.
3) My friends "yankee" mothers food was always CRAP!
4) I married a genuine southern girl.
5) I've lived in Alabama half my live now.
6) While my accent is still yank I can fake southern accent reeaaal gooood now.