Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC Lottery Entry?  (Read 2036 times)

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
NHC Lottery Entry?
« on: January 02, 2014, 08:57:27 am »
Is there a specific time frame established to get your name entered into the Nation Homebrew Competition lottery?
Frank

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Re: NHC Lottery Entry?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 09:21:57 am »
I've heard registration will take place over a week, but nothing has been announced yet as to when they are going to start.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 09:34:13 am »
I thought I read that lottery winners get to register over a week. So is it a week to register for the lottery too?
Frank

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 09:38:31 am »
I thought I read that lottery winners get to register over a week. So is it a week to register for the lottery too?

yes the whole idea is to reduce load on the servers for initial registration. so there will be a week or so where you can register your interest to attend (enter the lottery). At least that's my understanding. I think the contest is also tied up in that. Or perhaps that's a separate lottery but also has the same format.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 10:10:56 am »

yes the whole idea is to reduce load on the servers for initial registration. so there will be a week or so where you can register your interest to attend (enter the lottery). At least that's my understanding. I think the contest is also tied up in that. Or perhaps that's a separate lottery but also has the same format.
Separate, but similar style I think. In Zymurgy competition registration was listed at the end of Jan/early Feb. I think conference registration was end of Feb.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline duxx

• Cellarman
  • Good Karma Brewing, Warrensburg, MO
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 03:31:04 pm »
The AHA competition sub-committee has made its recommendations to the AHA regarding the lottery and the subsequent process.  The details are still in process but should be announced soon.
"Tan and lean like a longneck bottle."  Zac Brown Band.