Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beers planned for 2014  (Read 7056 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Beers planned for 2014
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2014, 08:27:26 am »
Was going to brew xmas day but that fell through. Had everything ready to brew New Years eve- however, friends convinced me to venture out into the night. Next day the hangover was debilitating. SO I brewed yesterday. Split 11 gallons of Bock between S23 and WLP833.

This will be the year of the "Lager." I will be concentrating on lager production primarily with quick batches of ale to fill in the holes.

The brewing goal this year is to be self sufficient beer-wise. What's the point of having 16 kegs if you only use 4 at most? I'm filling them all!
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2014, 10:04:08 am »
I brewed my adambier and it is chugging away. I think I am going to try to knock out a lambic tomorrow or Sunday.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2014, 11:47:27 am »
I want to hear your results on that bock Euge.  I have a 2gal WLP833 starter going now and want to make a bock with it.  I may make a helles with it first and then pitch the bock on that yeast cake.  This is for 11gal batches.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline blatz

• Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2014, 11:54:38 am »
Aside from my usual cast of production brewing (IPA, Dortmunder, Fest, etc, etc) i usually keep a running list of styles/recipes I don't normally brew but want to get around to.  This year its;

1). Imperial Black Rye PA
2). ESB
3). skotrat's Scotch Ale
4). American Nut Brown Ale
5). Russian Imperial

I did well last year and accomplished brewing a Golden Bock, Blind Pig clone, Janet's Brown Ale, and my Robust Porter which had not been brewed in over 2 years.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline el_capitan

• Brewer
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2014, 04:54:34 pm »
I brewed up 5 gallons of starter wort and froze it in 1 L portions on New Year's Day.  Set myself up for a year's worth of brewing! 

Since I'm kind of a planner, I actually have my year's brewing all planned out with kits assembled.  This year I'm scaling back to 3-gallon batches, so I can enjoy brewing more often and drinking a greater variety of beers.  I'm kind of on a health and workout kick, so I need to be able to burn through the kegs fast enough so that I don't get bored and also don't become a lardo.   :D

Here's what's up:

RIS
Munich Helles
Scottish Heavy 70/-, Caramelized first runnings
Kolsch
American Rye Ale
Janet's Brown Ale
Pliny the Toddler Session IPA
Crouch Vale Brewer's Gold (Kris England)
Jamil's American Amber
Odell 90/- clone
Black IPA
The Innkeeper
House IPA
Schwarzbier
Denny's Rye IPA
Celebration Ale "homage"  ;)
Vienna Lager

Here in MN, the governor just cancelled school for Monday since we'll be around -30 to -60 statewide.  I'm looking at a bonus 3-day weekend!  Seriously considering rocking the double longjohns and throwing down an RIS or Munich Helles on Monday.  You know you're hooked on homebrewing when...

Offline ynotbrusum

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2014, 05:29:17 am »
I keep seeing Denny's RIPA on the lists...I promised that to a business associate, so it is definitely up soon for me, too.  Gotta get some 1450 and check on my Centennial supply.  That is a real crowd pleaser!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2014, 10:29:30 am »
Was going to brew xmas day but that fell through. Had everything ready to brew New Years eve- however, friends convinced me to venture out into the night. Next day the hangover was debilitating. SO I brewed yesterday. Split 11 gallons of Bock between S23 and WLP833.

This will be the year of the "Lager." I will be concentrating on lager production primarily with quick batches of ale to fill in the holes.

The brewing goal this year is to be self sufficient beer-wise. What's the point of having 16 kegs if you only use 4 at most? I'm filling them all!

Testify my brotha!
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified