Just finished building my keezer. With all the awesome projects on this forum and others it was easy to figure how to do this. I used 2 x 6 pine for the insider collar and 1 x 8 maple for the outside. Here's a picture after the first coat of stain. I used Minwax Polyshades (stain and polyurethane combo) "Golden Oak."
After the second coat dried I applied weatherstripping, checked out the fit, and waited for the other faucets to arrive. The fit is very snug.
I drilled the hole for the CO2 line and installed the manifold and gas lines.
Faucets came in the mail today. Woohoo!
Another shot of the guts. As you can see I still need to find myself a third corny keg.
Well that's it. Thanks for all the inspiration!