Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: good place to buy perlick faucets?  (Read 4585 times)

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: good place to buy perlick faucets?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 10:58:49 am »
I've had the same experience with my creamer faucet as well... Not worth the extra trouble in my opinion.  Regular stainless perlicks are the way to go.  The only brass plated perlick I like is the flow control one.  I like that best for filling growlers etc... But really it's perfectly easy enough to fill off a regular perlick.
BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
Cicerone Certified Beer Server
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline riverrat

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 10:59:28 am »
I also could not get the faucet off, so ended up replacing the guts with the innards of a standard Perlick.  Now it's been running fine for quite some time. 

Where did you get the innards for the standard Perlick (525?)? I'll probably end up doing that once I get really tired of beer on the garage floor.

From another faucet I had laying around.  I still need to get new parts to put the cannibalized one back together, and it looks like I can get them straight from Perlick for about $6.  Thanks Jeff M
Founding member, California Street Brewery

Offline Jeff M

• Brewmaster
  • Currently upgrading to Brewery 3.0
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 11:00:53 am »
Im not sure if perlick sells directly to the public, you will most likely have to get it from your LHBS as a special order.
Granite Coast Brewing Company.
Building a clone of The Electric Brewery to use as a pilot system for new recipes!

Offline riverrat

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 11:15:39 am »
Cr@p.  Didn't look that close.  Guessing the prices listed are for dealers, not retail.  Oh well, should still be cheaper than a new faucet.

Offline BP79

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 11:25:34 am »
I've had great customer service with Williams Brewing lately.

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/Search.aspx?k=perlick 

Not that you'd expect to have any issues with anything from Perlick, but if you do, their exchange policy is great. 

Offline philm63

• Assistant Brewer
  • Agis Quod Adis!
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 03:36:09 am »
Yes to stainless but no on the creamers. I have two on my current kegerator and will probably get rid of them soon. I like to use them, but when a friend comes over and tries, they end up not being able to find the sweet spot to close it fully and they dump beer everywhere. I have some of the friends trained after two years, but some others just don't get it.
I had a Perlick creamer faucet that got enough build up to not be able to shut off after about 6 months.  The beer in when it stuck was imperial stout, so it was pretty thick.  I believe the o-ring tore a bit when the faucet was opened, and would not seal again.  I also could not get the faucet off, so ended up replacing the guts with the innards of a standard Perlick.  Now it's been running fine for quite some time. 

Also had the same problem with others not understanding that it does not shut off when you push it all the way in.

tldr: go with the standard style stainless Perlick faucet.

Yikes! Had no idea these faucets had such problems. While I've yet to see an issue with mine, I'll surely order a couple standard replacements and have them standing by if these creamers start acting up (or when I get tired of cleaning the top of my kegerator...)
AHA Member

On Tap: APA - 1st brew on the new system!
On Deck: Kolsch, IPA

Offline riverrat

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 08:49:59 am »
To be fair, it was a pretty thick imperial stout, and was on tap for a few months of random 1-2 pours at a time.  Any faucet would have a hard time with that.  The standard Perlicks have held up without issue under the same conditions though. 

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 09:31:44 am »
It's more "operator error" than anything, but I've grown tired of trying to train the operators. ::) New freezer gets here Thursday, so the new tap project begins soon! ;D
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article