Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What happens when your partner becomes (almost) as obsessed with brewing as you?  (Read 2445 times)

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
Very nice.
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
Sweet!
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
I really like that technique, whatever it is. If you ever opened a brewery it would make an awesome IPA bottle label.
Jon H.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Printing! That's what it is. Based upon the old woodcut style. I like doing the reverse of this technique wherein the ink is wiped from the plate and only remains in the impressions.

Nice work. This type of art is fairly labor and mentally intensive IMO. Requires a good understanding of negative and positive spaces.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
Printing! That's what it is. Based upon the old woodcut style. I like doing the reverse of this technique wherein the ink is wiped from the plate and only remains in the impressions.

Nice work. This type of art is fairly labor and mentally intensive IMO. Requires a good understanding of negative and positive spaces.

yeah, she's really getting it on an intuitive level. She's been doing it for about a year now and has had a couple shows town and was recently selected for a calendar being published by the local artist co-op.

Cheers to success in your chosen field.

Let us all be like the relaxed and happy bovine, out standing in our fields!
-A Einstein

- J Joyce

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
What happens? In my world: we bought a house, filled the garage with a Brew Magic and a huge stainless sink, filled the freezer with hops, filled the basement with supplies, keezers, fermentation chambers, and grains, and generally encourage each other to brew our little hearts out.

There's no system of checks and balances. It's getting out of hand!  :o

But back to Jonathan... I quite like those a lot. She does great work.
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Now that we can all see the work, the orders should start rolling in. Etsy is a great platform for artists looking for exposure, and for her specifically, so is this forum. ;)
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
What happens? In my world: we bought a house, filled the garage with a Brew Magic and a huge stainless sink, filled the freezer with hops, filled the basement with supplies, keezers, fermentation chambers, and grains, and generally encourage each other to brew our little hearts out.

Ha! out of hand? or Perfect?

I am uber jealous by the way. pretty sure she would support it but the square footage and the bank balance do not... for now ;D
-A Einstein

- J Joyce

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon

??? Out of hand? Appears that your right on track to me!
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
BJCP Certified

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse

I am uber jealous by the way. pretty sure she would support it but the square footage and the bank balance do not... for now ;D

Oh, I'm not complaining. Ever since we got out of our apartments and into this house, it has certainly exploded. Aaaaannnd we're both enablers. :) The only time he told me I couldn't get something was when I told him I was thinking about getting BeerSmith 2.0 and he told me no - because it was one of my Christmas presents. Ha, good one Myles, good one.  ;D

Grain storage just went up to 6 bins from 4. One of these days I should take pictures and put it all on Pimp my System, although it'll be more like Pimp my House. Yikes.

ORIGINAL TOPIC: Does she have plans to do a malt one as well? It'd be neat to have two of those side by side in the bar that we're building in the basement.
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT

Oh, I'm not complaining. Ever since we got out of our apartments and into this house, it has certainly exploded. Aaaaannnd we're both enablers. :) The only time he told me I couldn't get something was when I told him I was thinking about getting BeerSmith 2.0 and he told me no - because it was one of my Christmas presents. Ha, good one Myles, good one.  ;D

Grain storage just went up to 6 bins from 4. One of these days I should take pictures and put it all on Pimp my System, although it'll be more like Pimp my House. Yikes.

ORIGINAL TOPIC: Does she have plans to do a malt one as well? It'd be neat to have two of those side by side in the bar that we're building in the basement.

oh indeed. She is starting on the barley. She is working on a triptych sort of thing but she has to figure out how to do 'water'
-A Einstein

- J Joyce

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
That's a great idea. I look forward to seeing the series. Maybe something like the aquarius symbols, water from a vessel or a "brewer" pouring from a vessel?  OK I'll shut up I'm sure she has a wonderful vision.
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
BJCP Certified