Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Club Membership Cards  (Read 2746 times)

Offline kcbeersnob

• 1st Kit
Club Membership Cards
« on: December 13, 2014, 12:10:30 pm »
What do other clubs do in terms of issuing membership cards or providing some other means for members to prove membership for things like homebrew shop discounts.

As a new, small club (attendance averaging in the mid 20's), I'm not sure cards are really a feasible option.  Are there any digital solutions that can be used in conjunction with smartphones?

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
    • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: Club Membership Cards
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 12:22:14 pm »
Business cards with a club name/logo aren't very expensive.  Leave a blank line for handwritten name. 

Offline Bruce B

• Conference
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Overcome, Improvise, Adapt.
    • Bruce's Brewing Adventures
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 12:58:49 pm »
This is how we do it. Just business cards through a Office Depot card laminator.

Prosit, Sláinte, Salute, Na Zdravi, Cheers! - Bruce
Beer Barons of Milwaukee - http://www.beerbarons.org
Coordinator - Midwinter Homebrew Competition
BJCP National, Mead, & Cider Judge
BJCP Education Director
AHA NHC Final Round Judge Coordinator

Offline kcbeersnob

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 04:51:37 am »
This is how we do it. Just business cards through a Office Depot card laminator.
Thanks.  I see you have a printed name and "member since" statement on the card.  How do you guys do that?  Does someone print them at home?

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 09:42:22 am »
Our club uses a basic template in word and adds the member's name to the card and emails it out to the respective member. It is up to you to print it out. I haven't seen anybody laminate it but I guess it could be done. Our cards have a bar code for a discount to a LHBS but otherwise really serve no other purpose.

You could probably get a very cheap print and laminate job on some cards at a local printer or a big box office supply store but if the cards don't really do anything for you then you may want to hold off until the club is larger or the card provides some kind of discounts somewhere.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline smkranz

• Brewer
  • Maryland
    • Midnight Homebrewers' League
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 05:26:20 pm »
We have an editable PDF (with lines for the member's name and year) posted on the member-only page of our web site.  Any member has access, and can print a card if they like.  A couple LHBS in our area give club members a discount but I have not heard of a shop questioning the discount or requiring the physical card.
Steve K.
BJCP Beer & Mead Certified
Midnight Homebrewers' League
http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org

Offline Bruce B

• Conference
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Overcome, Improvise, Adapt.
    • Bruce's Brewing Adventures
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 11:33:42 pm »
Thanks.  I see you have a printed name and "member since" statement on the card.  How do you guys do that?  Does someone print them at home?

We send them to a local printer ahead of time.  Those that were members in the past have their name and membership year pre printed.  We also print up some blank ones for new members.  This year we also picked up some plastic holders that we could drop the cards into so we could use them as name tags at meetings.  We have around 100 attendees per a meeting so it helps.
Prosit, Sláinte, Salute, Na Zdravi, Cheers! - Bruce
Beer Barons of Milwaukee - http://www.beerbarons.org
Coordinator - Midwinter Homebrew Competition
BJCP National, Mead, & Cider Judge
BJCP Education Director
AHA NHC Final Round Judge Coordinator

Offline kcbeersnob

• 1st Kit
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 07:05:48 pm »
Thanks Bruce