I had a bit of an oh crap moment today. Last week I brewed a hybrid and a pale ale. Both about 1.048 OG. These were done with a third generation repitch. 2112 and 1728 respectively.
I pulled the blowoffs last night and installed airlocks. This afternoon I found them dead still. No bubbles at all. I figure the lids weren't sealed, but they were. So I took gravity readings. Both are 1.013 with zero DMS, Acetaldehyde, or Diacetyl. This usually takes me 3 weeks, but it's only been 6 days!
I am now convinced it's possible. The difference in these batches and prior batches are my equipment upgrade (installed pump, direct heat recirculation in MT, and 60' 1/2" whirlpool IC), doubled my mixstir aeration time, 3rd generation repitch at Mr Malty amounts. Fermentation temps have not changed, still 55°.
I'm going to give the hybrid another week just to be sure on Diacetyl. Kegging the pale ale tonight and brewing another.