Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Annie Johnson in Smithsonian mag  (Read 4838 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Annie Johnson in Smithsonian mag
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 12:22:11 pm »
Pretty cool!

But reading through the pages leaves a bit to be desired.

#2:  “A great boil kettle is key to great brewing,” she says. And then goes on to recommend a $550 kettle that she doesn't own?  :o

#6: "It was the American Homebrewers Association forum that sparked a flurry of homebrewing competitions two decades ago. But accessing the group's forums requires a paid membership ($38/year)."   Since when?? Non-members can be here, yeah?

Fair comments...but I was more aghast that Wee Shroomy is being brewed again.   ;)

Hey, I've got a starter going for it an I'll be brewing it next week!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 12:57:26 pm »
Pretty cool!

But reading through the pages leaves a bit to be desired.

#2:  “A great boil kettle is key to great brewing,” she says. And then goes on to recommend a $550 kettle that she doesn't own?  :o

#6: "It was the American Homebrewers Association forum that sparked a flurry of homebrewing competitions two decades ago. But accessing the group's forums requires a paid membership ($38/year)."   Since when?? Non-members can be here, yeah?

Fair comments...but I was more aghast that Wee Shroomy is being brewed again.   ;)

Hey, I've got a starter going for it an I'll be brewing it next week!

I'm fascinated by the idea of wee shroomy and wish very much to taste it. I don't relish the cost of the batch though so I have not made one myself. I suppose if I get lucky and stumble upon a big patch of chanterelles (assuming it ever rains in CA again) I'll try until I will continue to wait.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline thirsty

• Brewer
  • Brewster, NY
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 02:21:09 pm »
Nice article. If I had unlimited funds I would try that Zymatic thing.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 02:48:09 pm »
Nice article. If I had unlimited funds I would try that Zymatic thing.

If I had unlimited funds, I'd try a LOT of things!  :)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2014, 04:50:23 am »
I do like my Hydrfolask, though,  not sure if I would put it above my keg system.  Nice ads and a half step in terms of helpful information to those uninitiated to the hobby. I've learned that baby steps help a lot of people get into homebrewing and I know of only one guy who gave up on brewing - he likes golf too much!

Congrats to Annie for furthering the art of homebrewing - it is growing fast and will continue with articles like this appearing more and more in mainstream media (even if this one is advertising disguised as journalism...)
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"