Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's Brewing this Weekend?  (Read 423270 times)

Offline EnkAMania

• Brewer
Re: What's Brewing this Weekend?
« Reply #2610 on: July 28, 2019, 06:11:37 pm »
The last of my summer beers watermelon wheat.
Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #2611 on: July 29, 2019, 08:28:33 pm »
Brewing a Magnum/Simcoe/Lemondrop APA tomorrow AM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Robert

« Reply #2612 on: July 29, 2019, 08:35:00 pm »

Big fan of all 3 hops.  Can attest they play well together.  Trying to figure out how to stuff a straw through the interwebs to get a taste!
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #2613 on: July 30, 2019, 06:00:56 am »
That’s reassuring. In research I couldn’t find nearly enough about what to use the Lemondrop with so I was winging it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Robert

« Reply #2614 on: July 30, 2019, 06:06:49 am »
That’s reassuring. In research I couldn’t find nearly enough about what to use the Lemondrop with so I was winging it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lemondrop seems to be a real team player.  Can work equally well with the IPA hops or in a stodgy lager. 
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2615 on: July 30, 2019, 07:08:49 am »

Sounds interesting.  Won''t brew with Simcoe here.  Too much cat pee aroma and flavor for my wife.
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2616 on: July 30, 2019, 10:11:59 am »
I used straight Lemondrop in my Cream Ale (thanks, Kevin) and the early returns are...Yum.

Offline tommymorris

What's Brewing this Weekend?
« Reply #2617 on: August 03, 2019, 04:06:22 pm »
Extra Pale Ale w/Mosaic.

Picobrew Z1 Batch 3. This is batch 1 with the Jaded Corny Pillar. Pillar went well.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 07:00:38 pm by tommymorris »

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2618 on: August 04, 2019, 08:05:41 am »
Extra Pale Ale w/Mosaic.

Picobrew Z1 Batch 3. This is batch 1 with the Jaded Corny Pillar. Pillar went well.

Great combo, isn't it?
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #2619 on: August 04, 2019, 08:59:51 am »
No brewing, but smoked 12 lbs of grain over beechwood for an upcoming Rauchbier. 7 lbs Pils,  5 Lbs Munich I.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #2620 on: August 04, 2019, 11:36:54 am »
Extra Pale Ale w/Mosaic.

Great combo, isn't it?
Definitely. While brewing I went and had lunch at a local brewery with my wife and son and then came back and relaxed in the A/C while the brew finished up.

The Corny Pillar is good stuff.  The whole foaming thing seems to be a non-issue now and it’s simpler and faster than the other suggested methods for chilling.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2621 on: August 04, 2019, 11:59:27 am »
Extra Pale Ale w/Mosaic.

Great combo, isn't it?
Definitely. While brewing I went and had lunch at a local brewery with my wife and son and then came back and relaxed in the A/C while the brew finished up.

The Corny Pillar is good stuff.  The whole foaming thing seems to be a non-issue now and it’s simpler and faster than the other suggested methods for chilling.

The final piece is the Brewjacket Immersion Pro.  Combined with the Z and Corny Pillar, it's a complete brewing/fermentation system.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #2622 on: August 04, 2019, 12:46:31 pm »
Extra Pale Ale w/Mosaic.

Great combo, isn't it?

This brewing is tough work. I was sitting in my easy chair listening to music and my wife asked me what I was doing. When I said “Brewing Beer” she gave the the funniest look. LOL.

Offline Robert

« Reply #2623 on: August 04, 2019, 12:52:46 pm »

Extra Pale Ale w/Mosaic.

Great combo, isn't it?

This brewing is tough work. I was sitting in my easy chair listening to music and my wife asked me what I was doing. When I said “Brewing Beer” she gave the the funniest look. LOL.

I still have to do all my stirring and transfers and such by hand.  And I have to go down to the basement to pour one from the keezer.  Beer is my workout routine. 
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #2624 on: August 04, 2019, 02:09:13 pm »

Extra Pale Ale w/Mosaic.

Great combo, isn't it?

I still have to do all my stirring and transfers and such by hand.  And I have to go down to the basement to pour one from the keezer.  Beer is my workout routine.
I have to go down to the basement to pour also. I think my wife counts how many times that door opens. ;)