Yesterday I brewed 10 gallons of Amber Mexican Vienna Lager, for an upcoming gathering mid-August. I used 81% vienna, 12% flaked corn, 3% pilsner, 2.3% 80L caramunich and 1.5% of 400L black malt. 25 IBUs Magnum for bittering (60 minutes), and 1.2 IBUs Saaz at 15 minutes. Mashed for 75 minutes at 149F. I got better efficiency than anticipated - came in at 1.058, 5 points above target. That is, I had my LHBS mill the grist, and it wasn't as fine milled as I like so I gave it a 2nd pass and then neglected to increase the brewhouse efficiency in my recipe. doh!
It was a spur of the moment decision to brew, basically throwing it together and buying ingredients on Friday to brew on Saturday. I hope it is tasty enough, as I didn't get continental vienna malt - just used what my LBHS had namely Great Western. Based on available yeast at my LHBS, 5 gallons got Imperial Que Bueno yeast, and 5 gallons got Imperial Urkel yeast. Pitched and fermenting at 50F.
I used Bru'n Water Vienna (Boiled) profile, except due to my tap water chemistry I ended up with 41 ppm total calcium rather than the profile's 30 ppm.
I realize that typically folks use a debittered black malt for this style, but not always...