Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's Brewing this Weekend?  (Read 421013 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: What's Brewing this Weekend? 01/18/2014
« Reply #690 on: January 11, 2016, 06:23:55 pm »
I have a Dunkel planned for this weekend. I'm excited about this brew because it'll be my first true lager using the new fridge controller and lager yeast.

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #691 on: January 12, 2016, 02:23:33 pm »
I have not brewed a batch since 9/29/15 as I had an overabundance of beer on hand. That will all change this weekend. I have my house IPA and my third attempt at a hazelnut double brown(similar to a Rogue's, but more closely related to a local brew here from Triple Digit Brewing Co) I cannot wait to get back out there. Good brewing to all, and have fun with it
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #692 on: January 13, 2016, 07:41:32 am »
I think I'm going to brew a classic American pilsner, or PPL I guess according to the 2015 guidelines. Going to see if I can't turn it around in 3 weeks grain to glass. Might also get to a farmhouse this week but I'm not holding my breath.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline jtoots

• Brewer
« Reply #693 on: January 13, 2016, 10:01:14 am »
I'm thinking it's about time to give a Marzen a shot.

Offline Ale Farmer

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #694 on: January 14, 2016, 07:04:40 pm »
I hope to brew an altbier on Saturday--my first time with this style, though I've been thinking about it since the early fall when temperatures began to drop... before they rose in early winter and then fell again.
George

Brew and grow...

Bottled: Belgian May Ale, APA, Wit, Pilsner, Rye Pale Ale, Pale Irish Ale, Dark Mild, Brown Porter, English Pale Ale, Amber Ale

Fermenting:

Next Brews: English Pale Ale, Spruce Porter, Brown Ale

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #695 on: January 15, 2016, 06:56:38 am »
I seem to be juggling my brewing lately (work/family obligations), but I finally get to brew Sunday. Was gonna do a helles or Scottish 80, but yso191 (Steve) was nice enough to send me some Idaho 7 hops (called 007:Golden Hop now), the same ones Sierra used in one of their single hop IPAs last year. I loved the hop character in that beer, so gonna do a really pale IPA similar to that one. 1.062/70 IBU, ~ 6 SRM. Hopefully more brewing next weekend, but who knows.
Jon H.

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #696 on: January 15, 2016, 08:50:14 pm »
I'll be brewing a grand daddy of a Russian imperial stout. I'll also be breaking in my new equipment. I've upgraded to a 20 gallon Megapot and a 100 qt mash tun. This 11 gallon batch of beer will have an OG of 1.105 and utilize 52 lbs of grain. I'llbe kegging a double batch of an American Porter and using its slurry of WLP 001 to ferment this beer. I'll also add a double started vial of WLP 007 to each carboy. It will be kegged and aged for nearly a year,
Frank

Offline Bob357

• Brewmaster
  • Consensus means nothing to me. I am who I am.
« Reply #697 on: January 15, 2016, 10:09:54 pm »
Got a head start on the weekend. Brewed a single hopped APA with DANA hops today. Second batch with a new BK and home-made hop spider and hit OG dead on with an extra qt of wort. Time will tell if I need to adjust for utilization.
Beer is my bucket list,

Bob357
Fallon, NV

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #698 on: January 17, 2016, 03:20:19 pm »
Pretty productive day for me. I brewed a single hop IPA today, hitting my numbers pretty much head on (including pH). The Idaho 7 hops I used smelled absolutely amazing in the whirlpool, pretty much just what I remembered from the SN beer - tangerine and apricot up front, with an earthy, herbal tea character. Can't wait for this one. I also finished tinkering with the back flavoring on my new cider. Finally got just the balance of tart and slight sweetness I wanted - it's killer. And to boot I beer gunned a few bombers to give to a friend as a birthday present. Hope not to wait over a month on the next brew day, I think I have time freed up now.
Jon H.

Offline brewinhard

« Reply #699 on: January 17, 2016, 03:47:35 pm »
Pretty productive day for me. I brewed a single hop IPA today, hitting my numbers pretty much head on (including pH). The Idaho 7 hops I used smelled absolutely amazing in the whirlpool, pretty much just what I remembered from the SN beer - tangerine and apricot up front, with an earthy, herbal tea character. Can't wait for this one. I also finished tinkering with the back flavoring on my new cider. Finally got just the balance of tart and slight sweetness I wanted - it's killer. And to boot I beer gunned a few bombers to give to a friend as a birthday present. Hope not to wait over a month on the next brew day, I think I have time freed up now.

That is a productive day.  Kids must have been in the closet, huh?

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #700 on: January 17, 2016, 03:51:01 pm »

That is a productive day.  Kids must have been in the closet, huh?

Yeah, that option was on the table.  ;D   Luckily their activities have dwindled back to normal lately. Makes Dad a happy guy.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 03:52:38 pm by HoosierBrew »
Jon H.

Offline brewinhard

« Reply #701 on: January 17, 2016, 03:53:49 pm »
I hear that! 

Offline tommymorris

What's Brewing this Weekend? 01/18/2014
« Reply #702 on: January 17, 2016, 03:57:07 pm »
Yesterday I brewed a SA Boston Lager look a like with Safale K97 yeast.

I am looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 04:05:24 pm by alestateyall »

Offline Ale Farmer

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #703 on: January 17, 2016, 07:24:26 pm »
A weekend of firsts for me: Yesterday I brewed my first alt, and today I started lagering (a Vienna). I don't have a freezer, so I have the secondary in a round cooler in our very cool front foyer (43 degrees: let's hear it for no insulation and a mail slot that lets in that wonderful freezing air). If all turns out well, both will be regular brews every winter.
George

Brew and grow...

Bottled: Belgian May Ale, APA, Wit, Pilsner, Rye Pale Ale, Pale Irish Ale, Dark Mild, Brown Porter, English Pale Ale, Amber Ale

Fermenting:

Next Brews: English Pale Ale, Spruce Porter, Brown Ale

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #704 on: January 18, 2016, 06:52:42 pm »
First lager for me today. A dunkel. All was well until I started to chill. My water hose was frozen. Duh!